Monday, February 20, 2017

Which Interpretation Will You Choose: Insanely Wrong or Perfectly Designed?

Let's cut to the chase today.

Let's go to a core question.  The answer you choose to this question creates the reality you experience today.

Key Question:  What perspective will I choose today as I view my life circumstances?

Is my life perfectly, amazingly, intricately designed for me to reach my highest good and develop into my full potential or is it a seemingly haphazard, chaotic, difficult, struggle-filled mess that is going insanely wrong?

Stretch yourself today.

Take a look at the most difficult struggle you are facing right now.  Let's open our minds and look at it from two opposite viewpoints.

If you choose to believe that this situation is insanely wrong--and it should NOT be happening, how does the situation feel?

For me, if I choose to see my daughter's disease (Prader Willi Syndrome) as a hindrance to myself and my life, then I grieve.  I get angry.  I feel it is all unfair.  This should not be happening to her or to me!  I feel sorry for myself.  I see us as victims.  This is a roadblock, a detour taking me away from what I feel SHOULD be happening.  If I struggle and fight with what is happening judging this as a punishment or a hindrance, life feels awful.  If I think there is no purpose to it, then I am empty, angry, depressed and full of self-pity.  If my interpretation is that, I suffer through it.  I become a victim to this circumstance and spiral to depths of despair and worry.  I tantrum within myself as I fight against my life.

The interpretation "something is wrong here" drains my energy.  I am emotionally, physically and spiritually exhausted if I hold that perspective.  I am dis-empowered if I choose that way of interpreting the situation.

Now, imagine that you are viewing the struggle from the opposite perspective.

If you choose to believe that this situation was uniquely designed for your learning and growth, how does the situation feel?

For me, if I choose to view a circumstance like my daughter's disease  as purposeful, as Divine curriculum for me, her and everyone around me, I am able to open and relax to whatever comes my way.  I begin to see the remarkable ways in which this is stretching and growing me, how it is causing me to become stronger, more resilient and humble.  If I choose the Divine Perfection view point, I can see how it is forcing me to "develop in place" --that the lack of seeming motion or progress is to help me deepen in wisdom so I emerge with truths to share with humanity through my unique calling.  If my life is on schedule and God's hand is in it all, then peace fills me no matter how difficult the days challenges feel.  The day's "workout for my soul" is to help me develop the muscles within me that are still weak and vulnerable-- the ones God knows I will need when I reach the next level of my Divine Purpose.  I can feel energized, uplifted by the workout --even exhilarated and excited because the intensity of the workout means I will get the ecstasy of the INCREDIBLE results of the workout if I persist.  My spiritual, mental and emotional muscles will be strong, defined--allowing me to surmount any seeming obstacle that comes my way.

The interpretation "everything is for my highest learning and growth no matter how hard it appears" gives me peace.  I am emotionally, physically and spiritually uplifted even in the midst of exhausting situations.  I am empowered to learn, to grow, to develop myself because the situations are designed to help me become my best.  I still may have moments of feeling intense human emotions like sadness and grief, but with the higher perspective I am always led back to a deep, lasting inner peace.

There are circumstances in our lives that we can't change.  Yet, the opportunity each of us has in every moment, in every situation is to choose a perspective --a way of thinking--that allows us to connect to peace.

As Wayne Dyer once said, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

There is tremendous power in waking up to the truth that our circumstances don't create our reality.  Instead, it is our thoughts about the circumstance that cause our experience of reality.

Which perspective will you choose today in the face of your personal challenges?

Is everything going wrong or is it perfectly designed for your highest good?

I pray you choose the thinking that leads you to peace, growth and your highest potential.

With deep love for you as we journey through Life's curriculum together,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment