Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Greatest Tool & Treasure I've Found for Living My Highest Potential

When I sink into the inner space where words dissolve, when I sit fully and completely present in the silence, I am changed.

It didn't start that way.

When I first was getting the inner guidance to give meditation a try, I resisted doing so for years.  I kept putting it off because I was simply too busy.

Then, when my life fell apart with the arrival of my first child who was found to have a rare disease, my inner pain and turmoil became so intense that I had to find a solution or I knew I would have a total breakdown.

I finally paid attention and gave meditation a try.

It was hard, uncomfortable, the exact opposite of all I had ever been.  I was Ms. Hustle Bustle, Ms. Constant Motion, Ms. Never-Stop Thinking.  I had one of the busiest minds on the planet.  As I forced myself to sit quietly for several minutes at a time, it felt as if I was in a foreign land, a place that scared me, a place I was not sure I would ever want to visit again.

Yet, I had a deep inner sense that taking the time to quiet my mind would help me.  So, I persisted.  Week after week, day by day, I would sit for a few minutes at a time.  The space became more familiar and eventually I found that I could relax in those moments.  The crazy internal chatter that wanted to distract me and keep me from the vistas of the Silent Spaces eventually calmed down momentarily and I would get a glimpse of the Profound heights and depths available to me.

I was a determined Soul.  I had been a young person with self-discipline who worked her way up from not having touched a basketball until age 16 to getting recruited by Princeton University to play on the Women's team and then to playing professionally overseas.  I knew how to apply myself to learn new skills.

I used the same approach in learning the skill of meditation that I had used with learning to shoot a ball.  Show up to practice every day.  Repeat, repeat, repeat until the skill eventually becomes natural.  Then, once natural, I could learn to shoot from all different places on the court, with either one of my hands, with different techniques.  With sitting in the silence, as I gained comfort in the basic skills, I found myself advancing into longer times in quiet and using a variety of ways and means to explore my inner realms and the vast times of union with God.

It took effort.  It took willingness to show up -- even when I didn't feel like it.  It took persistence to keep trying even when it felt uncomfortable, even when I didn't know what I was doing.  It was the best skill I have ever learned--one that serves me daily, one that has opened up a VAST awareness and an ability to connect to a constant stream of inspiration and wisdom that is from BEYOND me.

Those of you who have followed my posts on social media and my blog need to know:  I am merely the vessel for the flow of uplifting, loving, supportive messages that come to and through me.  I am a willing participant in living my Divine Potential.

Almost every day, I rise at 5 a.m. and I grab my cup of coffee.  I take my seat on the couch.  I turn on a guided meditation or some meditative music and I sit.  I breathe deeply.  I open.  I relax into the Presence of God and I refresh my Spirit.

There are days when I enter the Silence that I feel uplifted, surges of energy and information arrive that astound my heart.

There are days when I enter the Silence that the burdens of my heart are so intense that I find myself crying and releasing the depths of my fear and pain to the Most High.

There are days when I visualize myself sitting in God, The Father's, lap as if I am a little child needing comfort.  I relax deeply into the strong Presence and allow my cares and concerns to melt away as I am embraced by Total Love.

There are days when I find myself being guided to other realms and lands --places I never knew existed.  In those times of exploration I am shown Universal Truths that I need to be aware of to handle the challenges of my daily life.

This is my secret:  Silence has opened me up, taken me beyond my physical body and my limited "intelligent mind". Silence has been the space where my greatest Inner Child healing has occurred.  Silence has been the place I receive what I share with the World every day, all throughout the day.



With time, I've been able to tap into this Luxurious space on demand.  If I have one or two minutes and I close my eyes, my mind can quickly shift into the Eternal --and just for a few moments, I can drink of the refreshing waters of boundless peace.

Friends, if you have not yet begun to spend time in Silence, I highly recommend you give it a try.

I wanted to give you full disclosure here of the profundity of the practice for my journey.  I've opened my heart and spilled it all out--how could I keep a practice like this from those whom I love so deeply?

In these chaotic times, we can learn to retreat within.  It is within us, from our connection to the Divine, that everything our heart, our mind and our spirit yearn for can be found.  Rest in God, friends, Rest in God.  It is more well than any of us realize.  Our lives are on a Divine timetable and we are meant to be experiencing chaos so that we WAKE Up.

Perhaps, as you begin to venture into the Land of Silence our paths will cross there and we will give one another a Spiritual embrace to assure each other that we are not alone as we venture forward on this Earthly plane.

With all my love,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com


2 comments:

  1. What a gift you are to all of us. God bless you Trish. This was absolutely amazing and powerfulπŸŽπŸŒˆπŸ™πŸŽ‰πŸŒΉ❤️πŸ†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you @beckster! It is a privilege to share!

      Delete