Sunday, February 12, 2017

What if? What if we are All Taking It Too Seriously?

Admit it.  You can have enough to eat today, plenty of air to breathe, kind people in your life and yet still, you feel there is something desperately wrong with your life, right?

Judgment of self begins to take over your mind.  "I'm not far enough along....what if there is something wrong with me?  Why is everyone else having so much fun and making so much progress and I am still sitting here in this same spot?  Why does it always seem like everyone else is doing so much better than me?  What is wrong with me?"

Fear of the future takes control.  "What if I don't reach my goals and what if the dreams I have never materialize?  What if all this potential I have never gets realized?  What if everything that could go wrong does go wrong?  What if I am stuck here, sad and lonely and unable to get further on my life journey?  What if I don't find that life partner I need?  What if I don't have the funding to materialize my goals?  What if people make fun of me because I have ideas that are different than the status quo?"

Mental stories.  Mental projections with fear infused in them.  Our minds powerfully create our current realities.  And, when we get stuck in our mental stories we completely miss out on the beauty of the here and now.

The sun can be shining, the breeze can be there to cool your skin, the birds can be chirping and children can be laughing all around you--YET--if you are stuck in your head creating visualizations of future fears, tragedies and self-judgment, you can totally and completely miss out on the goodness of the here and now.

Perhaps, the loving God of the Universe looks down on us wondering when we will wake up from these sad dreams we create in our heads?  Perhaps we are seen as little children tantruming about something inside our heads when all we have to do is relax, open our eyes and see there is a delightful, magical playground called the Earth of which we can take part of any moment we choose?

A shift in perspective is all it takes to wake up from our mental nightmares and come into the reality of the peaceful present moment.

It is AWARENESS that we are CREATING these "STORIES"--that we are literally making negative dreams up in our mind that can help us say, STOP!  Then, we can move into personal freedom in the here and now.

Habitual fear-based mental projections--that is all it is.  Unfortunately, we were trained since birth by parents and societies who think this STRESSFUL mental way of life is normal to do: Live in Mental Fear all the time and FEEL Stress constantly--Hey, Everybody is Doing it, so you should do it too."

REALLY?

Perhaps, there is a better way, a way that allows you to have complete inner peace, harmony with yourself and a sense of calm no matter the circumstance.  Perhaps it is a matter of simply shaking yourself out of the negative dreaming you have come to think as normal.  Perhaps, you can wake up to know you are made with gifts and talents and everything you need and of course--YOU WILL Reach your potential if you relax and open and allow yourself to see the majesty of the Universe surrounding you, conspiring with you, waiting for you to come out of that little brain of yours into the grander awareness of All That Is Available.

Perhaps it is time to create new mental patterns.  If you are going to make up stories, why not make up happy, joyful, loving and peaceful ones?

Will you wake yourself up today?

I pray you do.

I know I have my own nightmares that still replay...and more and more, day by day, I am learning to stop taking the negative dreaming so seriously....to stop myself more and more and open lightheartedly to the joyful moment I am in.  I can relax and dance and sing and play and know that ALL IS MORE WELL than I Have allowed myself to believe.

Let's get WOKE together family,

With a smile,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com


No comments:

Post a Comment