Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Renew & Restore in the Silence

The energies on the planet right now are intense--churning, whirling, disturbed, upset.

Now, more than ever, dear friends, it is essential we take the time to care for ourselves.

It is time to take breaks from the "stories" that pour through your devices into your head.  If your head gets too full, you don't want it to pop, do you? (smile)

So.....today.....tune in to your body, mind and spirit.

Purposefully step away, retreat into a time of silence.

Connect with your breath.  Is it shallow?  Have you really been taking good, deep breaths lately?

Notice your body.  Are you tense and stiff?  Has your body been giving you messages that you have been ignoring?

Notice your mind.  Is it racing constantly trying to figure it all out?  Is fear or peace your predominant thought stream these days?

Notice your spirit.  Are you refreshed or have you become weary--to the point of exhaustion?

Take time today to gently and lovingly care for YOURSELF.  Nobody can do that for you.  It is a joyful opportunity to come back to one's self.

Listen, I myself need to do it too.  My husband is on a journey abroad so I have a more full plate than normal.  Yet, my "soldier self" tends to think I can take on just as much as normal.  Yesterday I hit a point of fatigue and had to laugh at my old pattern.  The forceful forging ahead even when tired is not a formula for thriving...I know this all to well.  So, you may have noticed, that what I share here is typically what I am learning in some way, shape or form.

I am purposefully retreating into a day of restoration.  I still have my work and my kids--AND, I will allow the spaces of silence to be my resort.  I will allow my body to fully relax rather than be unconsciously tensed.  I will ask for and receive the Divine Grace that is constantly available but that I often forget to soak in.  I will take a longer bath or stretch a little extra to release the tension that I've allowed to build up.  I will purposefully tune out media so I can do some inner, mental tidying of my mental spaces.  I will flood my spirit with uplifting music and with scriptural reminders of the power of God's presence.

Will you join me in a day --maybe even a week-- of consciously caring for yourself?

Believe me, I see how much work there is as a servant of love and light.  There are enormous callings right now on all of us to amp up our love, to get into action, to serve humanity and make a difference.  AND, to do that and sustain one self for the Life-Long calling, requires that we care for ourselves deeply, richly and wisely.

Let's hold the space for deep self-love and self-care today,

With a smile,
Trish Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm joining you my friend and lifting us both up in prayer. Thank you for this timely reminder and confirmation of what I needed to do.

    ReplyDelete