Monday, June 7, 2010

Harness Your Power: Notice the Fear

I am amazed at the number of layers of fear I have inside me.  I've been working on my fears for years now -- looking at each one, studying it and letting it go.  Yet, it seems that because I am willing to release all my fear, life brings me all the right situations to help me see what fear still remains.

There is nothing new under the sun.  The humans who have walked this planet for thousands of years before me have all thought and felt these things.  Those who come after me will feel fear too.  Yet, each human does make it through their journey on earth.  This being the case, what if we could skip the stress and anxiety piece of it and walk life in peace even int he difficult times.

Things always have a way of working out.  I'd rather go through a struggle and not drain my energy.  I'd rather feel well every day than have knots in my neck and stomach.  So, I continue to devote my focus to understanding the depths of my fears.  I'm learning about myself in deeper and deeper ways because of my willingness to see and know.  I am always shown more insights.  For this I am thankful.

On another note, I was fortunate to have spent time with a fantastic Nigerian artist, Nneka Egbuna.  You really should check out her music.  (http://www.nnekaworld.com/us/video ).  Her lyrics are deeply spiritual and her music moves the soul.  She made some profound statements about life and love that I am excited to share via my column in Vanguard Newspaper.

Maggie and Skye, my daughters, are big fans of hers because I play Nneka's music all the time in the car.  They had the privilege of seeing her perform and then meeting her backstage.  How blessed we are.

I pray this week that we are able to see the fears that bind us and keep us from feeling well.  May we each identify those fears and may we be guided to release the fear and move into an inner knowing that All is Well...All is Well all the time.

(As a continuation to last week's blog, my neighbor and her baby are now safely checked into a six-month drug rehab program.  It is a joy to see them launched into a new phase and I pray that healing and progress happen for them in these upcoming months.)

With my love,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment