Monday, April 3, 2017

Dear Change Agent: Want to be TOTALLY EFFECTIVE? Do Your Healing Work!

Yesterday I exchanged voice notes with a Change agent who is doing great things AND in deep pain.  She has suppressed and repressed her pain for years.  She pushes on, pours herself into her work --and therefore has avoided the pain.

The pain has grown so great that it is BEGGING her for her attention.  The continued struggles with her family have brought her pain RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE AGAIN.

Why won't her family accept her?  How could her parent not love her?  Why was she ignored by her mother after her father passed away?  How could she have been molested--told her mom, and nobody listened?  How could she have suffered such poverty and desolation and nobody in her family helped her?

Pain, deep pain from her past.

And, guilt, she feels tremendous guilt from choices she made in her past.

Listen, the pain ain't going anywhere people!  It will first whisper, then shout, then scream at you --it will manifest throughout your life in unconscious ways UNTIL you take the time to heal.

So..............

What needs to be healed?

Big Awareness:  Healing the Pain from our past as change agents is ESSENTIAL If we want to be more fully effective.  Whether it is the rejection of a parent, sexual abuse or molestation....whether it is severe poverty, an inability to pay school fees, never having gotten to finish your college education,  physical abuse or mental and verbal abuse ---PAIN from our past and EMOTIONS that need to be felt dwell within US until we approach them with our loving awareness and take the time to honor ourselves and heal.


It may not feel good to go into the caverns of your inner being and sit with the traumas of the past.

But....

If you want to be clean inside, have space for more energy, joy, inner freedom and creativity, you might as well take the time to HEAL.  If you want to THRIVE as a change agent, healing your past is NOT optional.  It is a beautiful necessity.  It is also a deeply rich opportunity.

There may be intense emotions that emerge.  The emotions may feel like they could overcome you.  But, they can't and won't.  Emotional storms come and move through us -- like an intense thunderstorm that moves through.  Then, once done, the release of all the emotions brings fresh air and new energy.

If you need help with this, I am a chat away.  Or, find local support from someone you trust.

NOW is the time to heal.  Guess what, it really isn't optional.  You will either heal and become free.  Or, you will let the underlying pain linger and it will constantly drain your energy (whether you realize it or not) AND cause Dis-EASE in your body, mind and spirit.

I love you.  I have had to do this for myself.  I suffered from mental, emotional, verbal and eventually physical abuse as a child.  Someone very close to me threatened to kill me on my 16th birthday.  I was devastated, crushed, deeply hurt and in crisis for many years.  Yet, I kept crying out to God as my Father to help me and heal me.  And, with time, I have found a way through my pain AND gained incredibly valuable lessons from all I experienced.  I know what it is to cry alone in my bed and night...sobbing....I know what it is to wear a smile but feel like I am about to break into a million pieces.

I have taken the time to heal.  I have SO MUCH LOVE for people because of all I have gone through.  I am a stronger, better person for because of the abuse I experienced.  I am undaunted by difficulty because of my life experiences.  I see how these SACRED WOUNDS were perfect for my journey--they have made me into the most powerful, compassionate version of myself.  I am a HEALING change agent...the more I heal, the more I am able to joyfully share my story with the world so that others can heal and grow too!

 I know it doesn't feel fun but anything worth doing is a bit of work.  NOW -- I AM VERY FREE INSIDE!  And, it is SO worth doing the inner work.

Here are a few KEY CHOICES to make:

1.  Ask yourself:  How can I offer myself increased Self-Compassion as I move through this healing process?  There is no need to abuse yourself inside or feel bad for what you experienced.  You can begin to reclaim massive energy if you replace self-judgment with self-love and self-compassion.  As you go through the healing process, please be kind and gentle to yourself.  What happened is not your fault!  It is just an experience--and you did your best at the time to survive it.

2.  Ask yourself:  How can I slowly, gently, begin to reclaim these shattered parts of myself?  Realize healing is a process of reclaiming your inner power.  You will be regaining parts of yourself that have been shattered and scattered.  One piece at a time, you will look kindly and graciously on the pain and bring into your being the DEEP TRUTH that emerges from the pain.

3.  Ask yourself:  How can I offer myself self-forgiveness?  You did your best all along the way.  Your pain may have overcome you and you may have made choices you regret.  Forgive yourself.  Be kind to yourself.  Release the past and learn the lessons.  Use the wisdom as you move forward to help others.

I am a chat or an email away....
Get to it friends.  Start healing!  Putting some healing time now will yield a LIFE-TIME of future freedom within.

I love you through and through,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment