Sunday, January 4, 2009

Harness Your Power: Live Life Fully


I saw a wonderful movie on New Year's Eve called The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was the story of a baby who is born with the makeup of an old, 80 year old man. As he gets older in age, his body gets younger and younger. It was a heart-warming story and I found myself in tears at several points in the movie.


First, during childbirth Benjamin's mother dies. So the father, in great despair over the baby's monster-like appearance as well as the death of his wife, runs through the town and leaves the baby on the steps of a home. Little did he know that it was a home for the aging. What touched me early in the movie is the way that Queenie, a woman who worked at the home, accepted and loved this baby, adopting him as her own child, even though others found him difficult to look at. Benjamin was given a loving home that supported him during his early years.


The movie showed how quickly the cycle of life moves . People were continually dying in this old folk's home and babies were being born. It caused me to notice how fast my own life is moving -- I am 35 now and my children are growing bigger and smarter by the day. I don't want to miss out on any of the richness of life's experiences. I want to be tuned in and engage all of my senses on this wonderful adventure that I'm living. I want each day to be full of joy and purpose.


Love was another topic the movie addressed. Benjamin and a beautiful young lady found a soul connection. Throughout the movie they reappeared in each other's lives. It was a passionate, intense love that they shared for one another. Because of Benjamin's disease of growing younger, towards the end of the movie he chose to distance himself from his wife and family. What struck my heart deeply was the importance of fully loving and enjoying the people we care for because you never know how life's twists and turns might prevent you from being as close as you once were.


Live fully. Enjoy all aspects of life -- the upturns and downturns, the times that make you cry and the times that cause you to laugh. We are here to experience as much of our journey as we can allow ourselves. There are rich details of life that are very easy to miss if you are distracted or depressed. Slow your mind. Live in the now. Open your eyes further. See the textures, smell the scents, feel the touches of others, hear others in a new way. Don't miss out.


The time of your life is NOW! It's not in the distance. Will you allow yourself to start 2009 with a new awareness of how miraculous your life is? No matter what challenge you are facing or what mountain you have just climbed, enjoy where you are.


All is well, my friends. It is better than what the media tells you. Don't allow the sensationalized, fear-based news to get you worked up. Stop tuning in to these voices. Instead, look at your life right now and see all the blessings available to you. These blessings come in so many forms -- smiles, touches, laughter, sunrises, sunsets, clouds in funny shapes, flowers standing tall for you to see them, trees reminding you of your strength....take note of it all!


I send each of you a warm hug. May the comfort and guidance of the Universe fill your heart this week.


I'm always here if you need me, only ever an email away,


Patricia Omoqui


No comments:

Post a Comment