Sunday, January 25, 2009

Harness Your Power: Live What You Know



This week I had my first session with a new client. She is a wonderful woman and I truly enjoyed the time we spent together. At the end of the session she said, "I know all these things you are telling me. In fact, I tell other people to do these things but I have not done this myself."




What I consistently see in my life coaching work is that we often need a bit of support to begin putting into practice the simple concepts that can improve our lives. We all know that if we eat healthy and exercise we will feel better. We also are aware that if we choose good thoughts, we can create better results in our lives.




Several years ago in the midst of my inner transformation, I bought a card that had the following phrase on it, "All know the way, few actually walk it." I framed the card and hung it by my bed so I could see it in the morning when I woke up and at night when I was ready for bed. I needed constant reminders that to become who I wanted to be, I had to put into action what I knew in my head.




Living in a new way takes consistent willingness to practice new ideas. Once you get the hang of practicing fresh ways of approaching your life, you will feel so much better. Once you taste feeling better, you won't want to go back and stick with your old ways. You may repeat old patterns but the suffering will feel so bad to you that you will soon shift your direction.




My challenge to you and to myself this week is to LIVE WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW.




Choose good thoughts this week.


Get up and get active. Move your body.


Get rest, eat healthy foods.


Engage in positive dialogue with others rather than dramatic, negative dialogue.


Listen intently.


Live in the present moment.


Open to miracles in each present moment.


Release the past. Stop worry of the future.


Be alive right now.


Enjoy every moment.




You know these ideas already, right? So, take a couple of them and take baby steps to practice them each day.




One small choice a day can begin to make a big shift in dynamics in your life.




If you need support, find a friend, a mentor or a coach like me to help you get started and move in the direction of what you REALLY want to experience in your life.




A big hug to all.


You are loved more than you understand.




Patricia Omoqui


No comments:

Post a Comment