Saturday, January 17, 2009

Harness Your Power: Enjoy Life's Synchronicities


One day this week the idea came to mind to go to a store in the area and buy myself the largest size sketchbook they have. I enjoy doodling, coloring, and journaling. In fact, last year my mom bought me a set of colored pencils and I began drawing and sketching for the first time in my life. I've never been "artsy" in any way. But, as I've started the process of doing some artwork, I've been surprised at what can emerge when I just relax and let what is in my heart flow out onto the page.


As I was driving to the store to buy the sketchbook, another idea popped into my mind. I stopped at a thrift store on the way and decided just to look around for a few minutes. I'm so glad I followed this guidance. I went in and found a big sketchbook with heavy pages at a wonderful low price. I knew it was for me because on the front cover was my symbol -- a blue butterfly!


When I attended a life coaching training several years ago in California, one of the speakers had us do a simple exercise. He had us close our eyes and do some deep breathing. Then he had us pose a question to ourselves, "What is my soul symbol?" He suggested we listen to the first answer or picture that popped into our head. The answer that came to my mind was a butterfly. Next he asked us what color our symbol was. I immediately sensed it was a blue butterfly.


When I woke up the morning after we had done this exercise, I went to check my email. Would you believe that someone had sent me an e-card and on the front of the birthday card was a blue butterfly! What! How is this possible?


Of course, after that training I began seeing blue butterflies everywhere I went.


So, back to the thrift store. I picked up the sketchbook and went to the counter to pay. The counter near the cash register was a glass case with jewelry and other small items in it. As I was waiting to pay I noticed a beautiful, silver butterfly ring and a pair of butterfly earrings with small blue gems in them. How amazing. And, they were very reasonably priced so I purchased them.


For the price I would have paid at the store I had originally intended to go to buy the big sketchbook, I instead got the sketchbook and the butterfly jewelry.


Amazing how the Universe works and guides me even in the small, fun aspects of living.


What a blessing this sketchbook has been. I am an early riser. The morning is my favorite time of day. Each day I get up around 5:30 a.m. I got downstairs to have my coffee and I sit with my sketchbook. I use whatever words and images that come to my mind to create a page that represents where I am in my life. What I love about this is recording my life lessons is so fun when I'm doing this in an artistic way!


Do you tune into the guidance you receive? When you get an urge or an insight to call someone, stop at a particular place or write to someone, do you follow this guidance? If you don't, what is holding you back? Life is so amazing and rich when we tune into this wisdom.


The more I quiet my mental chatter and release my fears, the more I hear this guidance. The more I follow this direction, the better my life becomes. There are times when I am in such awe of how I am helped with even the smallest details in my life.


Knowing and experiencing this brings deep inner peace. I feel myself relaxing into life more and more. Fighting life, worrying and fretting about things. takes too much energy. It is just not necessary to get worked up. The key to stopping this it to notice the patterns of worry, fear and self-doubt going on in your mind. Just notice them. Watch the impact these thoughts have on your life. Question the thoughts. Ask if you might be able to choose new thoughts, ones that help you to feel better.


Notice this week when you receive inspired ideas. Follow them. See what happens. Share your synchronicities with others...it is so lovely to see how we are all guided in such fantastic ways. I'd love to hear your stories like this. Drop me an email if you want to share.


Enjoying life's synchronicities and opening to experience even more of them!


Patricia Omoqui


No comments:

Post a Comment