Sunday, May 16, 2010

Harness Your Power: Flow with Life's Surprises

On Friday I boarded a plane to Dallas, TX.  This was to be the first stop on my journey to Albuquerque, NM.  We took off at 11 a.m.  Plane had already been delayed several hours.  While in flight we were told the Dallas airport was closed.  The pilot took us to Little Rock, Arkansas.  The airport didn't have any free gates open so we sat in the plane for four hours until the Dallas airport reopened. 

While sitting there for four hours, I had some great conversation with fellow passengers and chose not to look at my watch even once.  I reminded myself, "I will get there when I get there."

Finally we arrived.  I go to the American Airlines counter and I'm told, "All flights to New Mexico have been cancelled for the remainder of the day."  My mom and I are given a voucher for a local hotel and find our way there. 

To go with the flow or to fight with the reality of life?   It was all out of my control.  All I could do was choose a perspective that permitted me to experience peace and well-being during these unexpected changes to our schedule.

Friday we woke up, had breakfast and boarded a plane to Albuquerque.  At last we had arrived.  It was a relief and a joy to finally be to our destination.

I'm here in Albuquerque with the intention of finishing my first book.  I came here last October with the same intention.  I made great progress on my last trip but there was more that I needed to learn, ways I needed to stretch in order for the books to be fully written.

I will be honest and tell you that I have NEVER written a book.  It can feel daunting at times.  The self-doubt arises, "Trish, who are you to think you have a book to write and share with others?  You haven't done this so how do you think you know what it means to write a book?  What are you thinking trying to pull this off?"

This trip I have decided to put all self-doubt and fear aside -- the ironic thing is that is partially what my book teaches.  It's funny that writing a book on transforming your thinking forces the author to further transform her own :) 

I am enjoying the process.  I've decided to release all timetables and inner pressure to GET IT DONE.  Instead, I am spending the time in silence and stillness.  I'm swimming, walking and sitting in nature.  I'm resting when needed.  And, I'm opening my computer to write anytime I feel inspired.  One day, I am sure, this book will get done.

The cover is designed.  The graphic artist awaits the final text for interior design.  I remind myself, all things happen in God's time.  I surrender myself to this amazing process.  I never would have believed it could be tihs challenging.  Perhaps I never would have started it if I knew! 

So this week, why not GO WITH THE FLOW!  Enjoy the unexpected twists and turns on your path.  If you open to these moments rather than fight with them, you may find some wonderful life lessons and even a few joyful moments too.

Pay attention to your fear and self-doubt.  Why not see your power?  Why not understand the potential you have?  As you let go of these harmful thought patterns and open to seeing the good in yourself, you may find some amazing things come about -- who knows -- maybe YOU will be writing a book soon.

With all my love
Please say a prayer of inspiration for me this week :)

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

3 comments:

  1. May you be inspired to release the power of your creative power Beautiful One...the world is waiting to read from you...to be awed by your creative genius...i receive your daily food for thought messages and i am truly inspired by each one..i am also a regular reader of your allure magazine columns..you inspire me... May God bless you with more still moments and may your book surpass your most magical imagination...avec love...Hephzibah.boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hephzibah,

    I appreciate these wonderful words ...they uplift my soul and give me that extra energy to bring this manuscript to completion. It has been three years of writing. I am at last in the homestretch...yet, the end seems to be the most chalenging part loll. I appreciate your love, support and prayers :) Blessings, peace and love, Patricia Omoqui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patricia,
    I am eager to see how the Lord works through you. May He inspire you to inspire others to live, walk--flow through our lives as He intends, without fear.
    "In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and rescued me. The Lord is for me, so I will not be afraid". Psalm 118:5-6a
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete