Sunday, January 3, 2010

Harness Your Power: Understand rather than Be Understood

My life experiences are reminding me of the importance of understanding others and releasing the need to be understood.  I've also been shown that one way to show respect to others is to NOT convince them of your viewpoint when they really have no desire to see or open to it. 

I'm guided to focus this week on letting others be who they are.  And not just to let them be but to open my heart in compassion and kindness to them even when I don't feel they are treating me or hearing me in the way I wish they would.  In fact, the work is to offer to others what it is we desire to experience.

Give out the gifts of love, acceptance, a listening ear, an understanding spirit this week -- especially give this to those in your life with whom you have the most conflict.  You may find that breakthroughs happen in unsuspected, miraculous ways.

One last thought is don't forget to set some New Year's intentions for your home and family life.  We often set our intentions in career, finances, and health.  Remember that creating a happy, loving, peaceful, harmonious home is essential to experiencing life in the way you want.

I'll share my family life intention with you:  I desire to create a fun, lighthearted, peaceful, loving and happy environment.  I desire that each person in my home feels completely loved and accepted.  I intend to grow these relationships through thoughtfulness and being awake to opportunities to express my love.

May you experience peace and harmony with those in your life,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment