Sunday, September 6, 2009

Harness Your Power: Acknowledge Growth


Almost every morning when my kids come down the stairs I say to them, "Did you grow last night?" They love this attention as we laugh and measure arms and legs, fingers and toes to see signs of growth. It's a fun way to connect.


Though I don't notice visible growth every morning, it is amazing how every few months they seem to need new shoes or longer pants. They are growing so quickly! I continue to tell them, "You aren't allowed to grow up so fast!" But they always echo, "No, mom, we have to grow up!" So much for a mother's plea ( ha ha).


This week I took a look at myself and began to see that compared to a year ago I have grown and matured so much. Ok, yes, I do have a few more grey hairs...but, I'm really referring to my inner progress.


My ability to relax into each situation I encounter is so better than last year. I used to struggle and feel tremendous inner tension when my husband would travel to Nigeria on business. I'd count the days while he was away and feel the weight of having to take care of everything on my own. Now, however, I just stay in each moment. I actually am enjoying the freedom while he is away and everything has a way of getting done as it needs too -- the kids get taken care of, my weekly articles get written, my clients get seen and somehow the house stays fairly neat.


My inner calm has deepened. It is a relief to have made this progress. The suffering that comes from fighting with life is exhausting. I find that I am more energetic and upbeat than ever. I wake up with a sense of joy. I find myself in awe of the beauty I'm surrounded with and the fantastic ways the Universe demonstrates support for me.


I wanted to take time to celebrate and acknowledge this growth. (Believe me, I know there are plenty of more ways I can stretch and grow!) It has come with continual dedication to a process of inner healing and transformation. Each time spent in meditation, each affirmation said, each moment of being willing to let go of the past and the future -- it is all paying off. I continue to say a prayer each day, "Show me the way to complete and total healing."


I can't take credit for it all. In fact, most of it has happened on its own. The right learning partners show up for me. The best challenges come my way to stretch me a bit further. Because I am willing this healing process continues in the most amazing ways. I am grateful that the most essential thing I've had to do is simply remain open hearted and willing to heal.


Enough about me. How are you? Take time to notice your own growth! Can you see the way you've changed since last year? Are you wiser, kinder and more carefree? Notice and be sure to find ways to enjoy this progress!


I'm here to celebrate with you.


With great love,

Patricia Omoqui

No comments:

Post a Comment