Monday, August 31, 2009

Harness Your Power: Offer Support


This morning my older daughter is very tired. We were up late last night because we visited the Northern Liberties area of Philadelphia for the first time. What fun! They had a DJ, people were hool-a-hooping, dancing and eating at outdoor restaurants. You should have seen me with a hool-a-hoop. I felt like such a kid. (If you are in the Philadelphia area you should check this out!)


The past few years as I've moved through a deep, inner healing process, I've found myself much more available to support those around me. When my kids are over-tired, they are also extra-emotional.


Maggie is so excited for her first day of school tomorrow. She wants so much to get started that she was just crying. Rather than reacting, I got down on my knees and gave her a big, long embrace. I held her until her tears stopped.


We all need support, love and care--especially in the intense moments (whether exciting or sad) of life.


Become aware this week of the need you might feel for support. Offer yourself an extra dose of love and kindness. Be gentle with you. Then, become aware of people around you (kids or adults) who need your loving words and friendly embrace. You can change the course of an entire day or week by offering a small gesture to another human being.


I offer you an embrace through this blog.

You are a remarkable, talented human being -- you are so full of love.

Remember that all week, ok?


Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment