Sunday, August 2, 2009

Harness Your Power: Contemplate New Perspectives


During our weekly visit to the library I found a book that I had been wanting to read: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life by Wayne Dyer. I didn't know much about the book's content but the title drew me in because I teach people how to heal their lives by healing their thoughts.


I was unexpectedly surprised, I should even say delighted, as I opened the pages and began to read. Wayne Dyer spent a whole year meditating on and writing about the Tao Te Ching. In the pages I found words that expressed many of the new approaches to life that I had intuitively been experiencing.


Each day I've closed my eyes before opening the book and asked to be guided to just the right page. On several days I was given the 37th verse. Here it is:


The Tao does nothing,

but leaves nothing undone.


If powerful men could center themselves in it,

the whole world would be transformed

by itself, in its natural rhythms.


When life is simple,

pretenses fall away;

our essential natures shine through.


By not wanting, there is calm,

and the world will straighten itself.

When there is silence,

one finds the anchor of the universe within oneself.


Wow. There is way too much for me to unpack from this verse in just this one blog. So, I will share with you the main idea that I've been meditating upon. The first line struck me deeply. It is so beautiful and profound. The way I read it is: The Universe does nothing but leaves nothing undone. Weeks before I read this I was often spending my time looking at the birds and trees thinking to myself, "Wow, how is it that all of nature is cared for so abundantly and yet human being seem to struggle so much?"


I spent my week looking for examples of the truth of this phrase -- of how often things are done for me without me having to do a thing. I could name a thousand bodily functions that prove this to be the case. Yet, there are other layers where I've found this to be true. When I've set an intention to be truly healed (emotionally, spiritually and physically), it seems the Universe brings me the right people and experiences that allow this to occur. Very little, if any, effort on my part happens except to be open and willing, to be surrendered to the possibility of the healing.


Other instances in my life show me that this is the case. How did I attend Princeton? The Universe arranged it. How did I start playing basketball at age 16 and end up playing pro? Yes, I worked hard on the court, but there was something more to it--there was something that occurred naturally, on my behalf, to make that a possibility. The list of these events could go on and on.


The peace in my heart has deepened this week. It is as if my inner knowing that I am safe, cared for and often carried on my journey has been given a name in finding this phrase from the 37th verse.


Take time this week to read and re-read the above verse. See which phrase sinks into your heart. Ask to be shown the meaning for you.


As we contemplate these new perspectives we are stretched. In being stretched, the diamonds and gold that we hold within are brought to the surface.


May you find deep peace and joy,


Patricia Omoqui

No comments:

Post a Comment