Monday, August 24, 2009

Harness Your Power: Be In THIS Moment




I just got home from a week at the beach with my family. It was a wonderful break. For me, it was a time to do no writing or work for a full week and just allow myself to enjoy the beauty and majesty of the ocean.




Each morning I indulged in a long walk by the water. The rushing in and out of the waves cleared my head and my heart. The rising sun reminded me of the constant support of the Universe -- never failing us, always on time. The precision of the Universe astounded me as did the power. The ocean waves were so strong the last two days we were there that we were not permitted to enter the water.




The moment I arrived home I felt some resistance. A few of my old thought patterns on career and money emerged. I spent the afternoon observing my mind and noticing the inner storm that was brewing. I was fascinated that I could go from total peace while on vacation to discord.




What was the difference between before coming home from vacation and after? My thoughts. While on vacation I totally surrendered to being away. I went with the flow of each day and did not entertain any negativity, worry or fear. I gave myself a complete break from mental work. I took time to refresh my spirit and play as a child.




Then, back to reality. Or, I began creating a new reality for myself when I walked in the door of my home. It was my thoughts that had changed!




So, after a few hours of old thought patterns, I released the emotions and said a prayer for peace. I was reminded by a friend's post on Facebook that each moment I have a choice between resistance to life or surrender to it's flow.




Today I choose: surrender, peace, well-being, gratitude, happiness. I am determined to focus on the beauty of each moment and bring my vacation attitude into my week. I don't want to miss out on one joyful possibility. So, I open my heart. I embrace this moment, then the next and the next.




Will you join me in THIS moment?




It is rather beautiful when the fear dissolves.




Patricia Omoqui


No comments:

Post a Comment