Sunday, March 1, 2009

Harness Your Power: Let Yourself Feel




I challenge you this week to notice how often you feel an emotion and then judge yourself for it. I know that I still do this. I also see this in many of my clients. This week one of my clients told me about a very strong emotion she experienced when she was out for dinner with someone close to her. Rather than digging deep and getting to the reason she felt what she felt, instead, she told herself she shouldn't feel that way.


When we deny, suppress and push away our feelings, we miss out on valuable clues. Why am I so angry with this situation? What was it that made me feel so much despair just now? This type of question leads us to learning and growth.


We have built-in systems to guide us through life. We've been taught that it's wrong to feel certain ways...and to express ourselves.


I encourage you this week to allow yourself to feel however you feel about anything--yes, about anything you want! Give yourself permission to be yourself. As you notice your emotions, get to know yourself better. Ask yourself why this emotion has value for you and what you can learn from it. That goes for the positive ones and the negative ones too.


Follow your internal clues to your personal breakthroughs!

Honesty is the key to growth and healing.


Please join me on Facebook this week! Request me as a friend - my profile is under Patricia Omoqui. I will be distributing articles, videos and other special tips and hints through this venue.


Blessings and love to each one of you,


Patricia Omoqui



No comments:

Post a Comment