Saturday, April 26, 2008

Harness Your Power: Actively Listen for Guidance



The more often I am able to quiet the chatter in my mind, the more often I am able to hear clear guidance. This guidance comes in many forms -- from books that I am drawn to, to the lyrics of songs on the radio and to the words of the people I encounter each day.

Last week when I was in my yoga class the teacher, whether she knew it or not, was saying the exact words I needed to hear. As we got started she reminded us to, "Relax. Feel your inner energy." I closed my eyes. I used my inner sense to feel my energy level.

We eased into the class with stretches and poses that were gentle. As our bodies got warm, she led us through more challenging poses. It was hard! She encouraged us, "Have patience. Be balanced." I listened. I held the positions longer than I thought possible. "Connect to your breath right now," she told us. Again, I followed her instruction and my breath gave my body the support it needed.

As the class continued she told the whole class, "Stretch and expand. One little stretch more each week will help you be more flexible." Yes! I wanted to stretch and expand -- and, in fact, that is what I am always encouraging audiences and life-coaching clients to do.

I love the fact that the Universe is actively coaching and mentoring us. These helpful pieces of advice and encouragement abound when we actively listen for guidance.
I have slowed down my life and my mind to a point that I take notice of so much more than I used to. I used to be moving at a frantic mental and physical pace so I rarely would notice billboards, facial expressions, or pay attention to the details of my experiences. Now that I do, I am AMAZED. The guidance I receive all day long in various forms keeps me laughing.

I believe the Universe has a great sense of humor. We could be laughing all the time if we were able to lighten up, quiet our minds and take notice of the intricate interweaving that occurs all around us.

This evening my children and I went to Ikea. After shopping we sat in the little cafe area and had some ice cream. At the table next to us were 3 children under the age of 4. They were hilarious. The middle child, a little girl, was sitting in her stroller eating a big cup of ice cream. She was smiling and laughing. She kept saying something to me. Though I couldn't understand her exact words, I could tell that her energy was joyful. I said to her, "Ice cream is a taste of Heaven, isn't it?" She giggled in reply.

By slowing down and breathing I see, taste, hear, smell and touch my life experience in glorious ways. I truly believe that there is more Heaven available on Earth than we can comprehend.

I am thankful that I taste more of Heaven each day!

Take the time to quiet your mind this week. Meditate. At least breathe deeply for five minutes even if you can't calm your thoughts. Walk more slowly. Take time to look in the eyes of people you pass on the street. Look at the billboards you drive by with new eyes. Notice license plates. Listen more closely to the lyrics of the songs you hear while you are shopping or driving.

Messages from the Universe abound. All it takes is to actively listen for the guidance your heart desires.

May your week be full of amazing signs....

I'd love to hear from you if you can relate to this blog.

Enjoying glimpses of Heaven on Earth,

Trish Omoqui
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment