Sunday, April 6, 2008

Harness Your Power: Focus On the Light!


As typical in my life, this week was full of wonderful learning. I'm excited to share an important idea with you, one that is helping me make good choices and is also enabling my life coaching clients to do the same!

I had a life coaching call with a wonderful client this week. We will call him John for the sake of this blog. Over the past few months, John has taken the time to clarify in detail what his heart desires! It's been a fun process to go through with him! He has written it all down on paper. He has created a vision board depicting what he desires. He has connected to what is important to him, what he loves and what he is passionate about creating. By looking into his heart, John has found light in his life.

Now the challenge comes. John knows what he wants in his life, but he doesn't yet have it! When he looks at his life right now, he sees that he doesn't yet have what he wants. When he thinks about this, it makes him feel down and depressed. John isn't enjoying the job that he has. So, he feels discouraged that he doesn't have a new job yet. When he feels this, it drains his energy and keeps him from being inspired to take steps towards his vision for his new job. It keeps him from moving towards his vision for what he wants to create in his career.

It all boils down to a choice: In each moment, will I focus on what I don't want or will I focus on what I do want for my life? In each thought, will I focus on the vision I have for my life or will I focus on the darkness I feel about my current circumstances?

When you focus on the darkness, it feels really dark. You lose sight of the light. You curl up in a ball and feel bad inside. You get depressed. You forget the possibility of what you can create.

When you focus on the light, it feels bright. The darkness fades away into the background. You feel energized as you look at the light. Your intuition begins whispering to you your next steps of how to move closer to the light. You start moving in the direction of the light one step at a time. You feel the warmth of the light. You get closer and closer to it. You feel great, alive and ready to step into your vision!

Wow. What a difference our focus makes. Life is really simple and easy if we have the right focus.

So, if you notice yourself sitting in the dark, feeling upset and lonely, STOP. Stop yourself right away. Then, refocus on the vision you have for what you desire to create in your life. Look at it in detail. Let your emotions move towards the excitement of what you desire. Then, move towards the light.

Will you choose darkness or light this week?

Your choice makes all the difference in how you feel about life!

Basking in the light,

Patricia Omoqui
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

If you need help in clarifying your vision for life, let me know! I enjoy working with people to support them in creating their vision for life. It is a delightful process to work on!

If you feel stuck in the darkness, I would love to help you learn to focus more on the light -- sometimes you might think a light doesn't exist. . .but, it does. . .and I would be glad to guide you towards it until you can see it for yourself.

Drop me an email at thoughtdr@patriciaomoqui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment