Sunday, April 26, 2009

Harness Your Power: Notice Your "Fear Strands"


As I've studied my mind and worked with life coaching clients to help them really understand what is happening in their minds, I've discovered something: We each have a set of "fear strands" that repeat in our thinking. Have you noticed this?

It is almost hilarious to watch it. I know firsthand that it doesn't feel that way because any fear, big or small, can cause extreme inner discomfort. Our patterns become so clear to us when we observe our thoughts. We begin to see the same fears playing over and over and over. These fears drain our energy, put us on edge, make us feel sick to our stomachs and give us headaches.

The fears keep us from stepping forward to live in a way that we truly desire. In the name of fear, we stay in relationships that are hurtful and uncomfortable. In the name of fear, we oblige ourselves to activities even when our plate is already way too full.

Fear is capable of taking over our lives if we allow it to run wild.

For two days this week, my fears began to play in my head. I know my fears intimiately because I’ve studied them for several years. I could see (and emotionally feel) the toll that these old thought patterns were having. Because I am such an intense, emotional person, my fears produced a flow of tears.

Through the whole process, I could see that there was an even deeper letting go that was needed. I saw that I was trying to control things that are not (and will never be) in my control. I became aware of the pressure I was putting on myself to meet artificial deadlines and self-imposed timeframes. I was spinning futures of bad outcomes in my mind.

When I wasn’t able to stop these mental proceses, I at least watched them closely. I felt what I needed to feel. I continued to use the affirmation: “I come to the present moment. I rest in God.” Using this statement did bring me peace and helped to ground me back in the beautiful NOW moment where everything truly is okay.

This week I challenge you to become aware of your unique set of fear strands. Can you list all your major fears on paper? If not, take time to study your mind. Closely watch your thoughts so you can identify them. You are going to see interesting patterns at work. As we identify your patterns, we begin to see that we can choose new ways of approaching life.

These fear strands are beautiful. We need not fear our fears! Notice that when you can slow your mind down and move into your heart, the fears melt away (at least momentarily). The more often you can quiet your mind and move into a deeper, grander part of yourself, the more often you can experience peace in daily life.

You can do it!
I’m here to help you.
My expertise is in helping people harness the power of their minds to create a life they truly love.

from the heart,
Patricia Omoqui
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment