Thursday, May 15, 2008

Harness Your Power: Allow Time for Healing



Healing is not optional -- unless, of course, you want to carry wounds with you as you move forward on your journey.


When I was 16 years old my parents divorced. It was a messy situation. After the divorce my Dad chose not to be involved in my life for the 17 years following. That was extremely painful to me during those years.


I spent many days and nights during my college years crying and working through the pain of the situation. It was no fun experiencing such intense emotion, but after I moved through the inner healing process, I was certainly glad I had taken the time to heal.


This week has been a week of healing in our house. My daughter Maggie had her eye surgery on Monday. It was a short procedure. After the procedure her eye was blood red. It still is. Yet, I watch her each day and it is amazing how her body has been healing. She bounced back quickly from the surgery because she spent extra time resting each day.


I've been healing too. My knee was intensely swollen at the beginning of the week. I wondered whether or not it was going to heal. I listened to my intuition and decided to keep off my feet as much as possible to allow it to heal. It's good that I did. The swelling is going down and the pain is less each day. Had I pushed myself to be active, it certainly would not have gotten better.


I'm also moving through inner healing processes right now. It's actually a beautiful process to experience. I believe that in order for our lights to shine brightly in the World, we must allow the dark, heavy emotions we have in the depths of our being to bubble up. If we allow this to occur and we take the time to acknowledge our pain and work through it, then it transforms to beauty and wisdom.


There are no shortcuts to this process. One of my clients this week was feeling intense sadness. She didn't want to feel sad. She grew up being the "cheerleader" at home. For years she overlooked the pain in her life because it was uncomfortable. Yet, years later, she still has layers of sadness that are still inside of her. I encouraged her to allow herself to feel the intensity of the sadness. I suggested that she sit with the intensity of the emotions and watch herself as she moved through it. I reminded her that if she didn't heal now, she would continue to cycle through patterns of sadness until she finally healed. I assured her that the painful emotions would transform with time.


Our pain is not bigger than us. It is small in comparison with the grandeur of our Spirits. Our pain can only overcome us when we think we are the pain -- and when we allow the pain to become our identity.


I offer you the suggestion this week to allow any dark emotions that you feel to come up for healing. Shine the light of love on these emotions. Understand and feel the emotions deeply. Know that you are a powerful, grand being! The emotions need not overcome you right now. Watch the emotions. Observe yourself as you feel them intensely.
Simply allow yourself the time for healing. Ask the Universe to assist you as you heal. Then, relax and let love be the salve that heals your inner wounds.


Inner brilliance comes when we release these layers of pain. We become new. We are more alive. Our inner light shines brilliantly to the World around us as we release the heavy energies and lighten up.


May your week be full of beautiful, effortless healing,


Patricia Omoqui

No comments:

Post a Comment