Sunday, March 9, 2008

Harness Your Power: Know Your Expanded Self

I have had profound realizations this week that I am excited to share with you. Of course, many profound realizations come from the process of healing our inner pains -- and that was the case for me. I share that only to remind you of the beauty of working through healing -- it is not optional in our soul's growth process.

Yesterday I was driving my children home from a friend's birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. The rain was pouring down and it was very windy. As we neared our home, the sun was shining very brightly WHILE it was raining! It was an incredible sight. In the moment I took in the beauty of the sunshine, it struck me --- it is possible to experience sunshine even in the midst of the rain. Of course it is -- yet when we are in the rain we so often forget that just behind the clouds above us is the sunshine. The sun is still there and if we can stay centered and connect with our expanded self, we can envision and feel the sun even during a storm.

Let me explain further about "The Expanded Self." I am beginning to understand at a deeper level that I am far greater than the dramas and story lines in my life. I am far bigger than the emotions that are triggered by the circumstances that I experience. When we come to terms with the greater, infinite, eternal part of ourselves, we begin to see that we can find peace and rise above our "ego self" or our "small self" and feel the powerful, expanded self that we each have.

As I thought more about this concept the story came to my mind of when Jesus calmed the waves during the storm when the disciples in the ship were so fearful. In the midst of a powerful, overwhelming storm, Jesus was at peace. He could see the greater reality of the situation. He was so connected to Source that he had the capacity to calm the waters.

As we face the storms in our lives, the dark, cold times that we feel, we can find a space of calm no matter what is happening. Do you believe this is possible? Have you ever connected, even momentarily, to this truth?

I find now that the painful times I experience in life don't have the sharp edges they used to. Instead, I notice the pain come up. I watch the pain. I face it. I love my pain -- and embrace it knowing that I am greater than, more eternal than any momentary struggle in my life. By understanding this, the movement through my personal pain is exciting, invigorating and full of seeds of possibility. For, as I peel back the pain, I uncover new parts of myself. I transform. I begin to KNOW without a doubt my connection to Source, the Universal energy that we all have within us.

One last thought I leave you with today -- I am preparing a speech called, "How to be the Earth Angel You Are!" I love this speech. . .and am expanding it to a workshop. I believe we are all Earth Angels. . but most of us have not yet opened up our wings. We are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders -- guilt, worry, fear, self-doubt, pain -- and it is keeping us from recognizing the wings we have. As we release all of this inner pain from our ego, we can uncover our wings. Once we have found our wings and we begin to use them, even in the middle of a rain storm we can fly up above the clouds and touch the sun. . . we can be so light and free that even while it appears dark, we can see the light.

Release all that weighs you down this week. In times of Silence, begin to touch the eternal nature that you have. Feel how grand a moment of silence can feel. Know that you are far greater, far bigger, far more than your personality, your drama and your personal pain. You are POWER. Will you recognize it this week? Even if you can feel it for just one micro-second, you will touch something so wonderful that your heart will begin to remember its true identity.

Much love to my fellow Earth Angels,

Trish Omoqui
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

P.S. there is still time to sign up for the four-week Circle of Abundance tele-group that starts this Thursday evening from 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. If you are struggling with your finances, afraid to sit down and pay your bills each month and want a new way to approach experiencing and creating abundance in your life, this circle is for you! Please drop me an email if you are interested at abundance@patriciaomoqui.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment