Monday, January 28, 2008

Allowing Your Life to Flow

There is a big difference between allowing your life to flow and trying to "make things happen." In my experience the difference is that allowing life to flow represents a gentle, easy unfolding of life's experience. It means releasing the need to "figure it out" on your own and instead, allow the inner voice of guidance direct you one baby step at a time towards what you truly desire. It means letting go of the inner pressure and timetables and trusting the beauty of the twists and turns our paths take. It means relaxing into life -- enjoying every moment and expecting miracles (big, small, gigantic and minuscule) to appear all the time.

So many of the circumstances of life are NOT in our control. What we can control is the approach we take to our lives -- the thoughts we think about our life experience, about who we are as beautiful beings in this wonderful life experience. We can control the focus of our mind -- thinking upon the passion we have, the dreams that are in our hearts and the wonder of change that we can bring to our World. By focusing on our desires, we open up to allowing life to flow to us.


Life does flow to us. So not only do we need to allow the flow of life, but we need to be able to see that flow coming to us clearly. I realized this weekend that there is so much good flowing into my life all the time -- the question is, how much of this flow can I allow myself to receive? I can only receive that which I am open to and that which I have the eyes to see. Will I receive the beauty of my child's smile in the morning or will I focus on the rush of getting her on the bus? Will I receive the kindness of a friend offering to help me on a project or will I decide I have to do this on my own? Will I enjoy the money in my wallet and buy something my heart desires or will I be afraid that money may not flow to me in the future and hold myself back from buying something that is just right for me?


Will you take a new approach this week and release the need to make things happen? By allowing your life to flow easily from moment to moment, you harness your personal power -- no longer expending your energy and power on worry, the desire to control circumstances and fear. Flow with life moment-by-moment. Then, notice the miracles that come your way in all shapes and sizes. Next, open to enjoy and receive all these wondrous opportunities that flow your way.


Life is as easy or as hard as we make it to be. So, why not allow yourself an easy week this week? Refresh your spirit. Relax into the moment. Celebrate the grandeur of your spirit! Dance in a way that you haven't danced in a year. Be YOU on purpose and enjoy every second of this life experience.


With love, light and all blessings to each one of you,


Trish

3 comments:

  1. The things you find just when you need them :)
    Thank you for sharing your insight. Iv had a very eventful life so far and this month, from the first week until today, has been a mix of stress, fear, hurt and learning.
    Im going to give allowing a try, Im going to give me an easy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, Sue! So glad you found this when you need it :)

    ReplyDelete