Friday, January 11, 2008

Create Space for Personal Healing

As I work with Life Coaching clients I see clearly how essential it is to create space and time in our lives for personal healing. In the hustle and bustle of our lives it is easy to put aside our personal healing -- in fact, many of us deny the way we feel or push those feelings down deep within our hearts in order to keep up the frantic pace of our lives.

Until we clear time in our schedule and create opportunities for personal reflection and deep understanding of ourselves, those core issues and deep wounds manifest themselves in our lives time and time again. In my life, my personal pain would emerge when I was most tired or stressed out. It usually came in the form of tears or inner suffering where my heart would be crying out for change and for some relief to come into my life. But rather than stopping my life long enough to understand the depth of my pain, I would move even faster -- staying in constant motion to numb myself and make the pain go away (at least for a short time).

As you move through your week I would suggest that you take inventory of how you are using your time. For one full day keep a "Time Journal" that notes what you are doing throughout the day. By doing this, you will take yourself off of auto-pilot and be able to consciously observe the ways in which you are spending your time. In doing so, you may just find that there are "filler" activities or "busy-work" you are creating for yourself that could be set aside to create space for focus on nurturing and loving yourself.

Just as those of us who have been on a diet before take detailed watch over what we put into our mouths -- looking for opportunities to shift our eating habits to get different results in how our bodies appear, so too this focus on understanding how we use our time can give us the knowledge we need so that we can find the time to look at our emotions and understand why we are feeling the way we feel about our lives.


The life you are living right now is no mistake -- in fact, as you observe yourself you may begin to see how unaware you were that the deep hurt and pain you've carried with you is having a major impact on the results you get in your life. This week one of my life coaching clients realized that for years she had become the "YES" person -- she would say YES to every request for help from her friends and family. She was doing this on auto-pilot -- it had become a habit to say yes and take the responsibility to help anyone around her who needed it. She did this to her own detriment and kept herself so busy with taking care of others that she never fully healed from the trauma of losing her brother and from having grown up in very challenging circumstances. She got to a point recently of feeling so unhappy with herself and her life that she decided to stop saying YES all the time and instead make herself and her healing a priority.


This takes courage. It takes courage to recognize that a change is needed. It takes even more courage to see your personal pattern and the impact it is having on your life. And, it takes even greater courage to consciously stop those patterns and create the space and time needed to move through a period of deep personal healing. Her courage will pay off in tremendous blessings in her life.

Will you take the time in 2008 to begin to heal? Why not slow your life down a little bit so that you can begin the process of personal healing? As we heal ourselves and our lives, we impact the World around us in profound ways.

Because I slowed my life down enough to heal myself, I now have joy, peace and extra energy to use in doing things I love to do. On top of that, I am less stressed and much more in tune with my husband and my kids. My choices for personal healing and growth caused a major shift in the stress levels in our house. It gave me the renewed energy to clarify what I really wanted to create in my life. And now, as I continue to focus on my growth, I have more and more love to share with my clients, the audiences I speak with and each person I interact with throughout the day.

I continue to take time for personal nurturing and healing -- this is an on-going, life-long process of honoring myself. I do my best to build time for this into my weekly schedule so that stress, negative emotions and "dis-ease" about my life does not build up inside of me.

Facing our pain head on is scary. But, the consequences of not doing this means we will not have the power we need to live grand, passionate and loving lives in the way our Souls long for.

If you have questions or thoughts on this matter I would love to hear from you: thoughtdr@patriciaomoqui.com .

Healing is self-love.
Self-love is key
To bring
Satisfaction,
Hope,
Joy,
Inner Peace &
More Personal Power to
Your life.

With love, light and healing thoughts sent your way,


Trish
www.patriciaomoqui.com
p.s. Keep watch for our next free Tele-class in the Harness Your Power! series. Details will be sent out soon to those on the Food For Thought email list.



A couple of affirmations for those of you who are ready to take the time for healing:

"I open to healing at the deepest levels.

I move through my healing process with grace and ease.

I create the space I need for my healing.

I listen to my emotions and to my body.

I hear my inner voice guide me towards greater personal wellness.

I am whole. I am healed. I am full of inner peace.

I honor myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment