Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Dear Change Agent: PLEASE RELAX YOUR MIND

Dear Change Agent,

I know you.  You are SUPER-focused on making an impact.  You are ALL-IN.  You spend day after day and night after night contemplating and working on your vision. You have relentless passion.  You are uber-focused.

Yet, the inner pressure that you allow to build up is actually hindering your progress.  You told me the other day, "I feel demoralized.  I have such a big calling.  I am trying so hard.  I know I can get bigger results.  But, this is slow going and it is difficult."

Here's the thing I need to remind you of today:  Your Calling is Life-long.  I know you have been given a vision of HUGE, ENORMOUS impact and harvests.  This is NOT meant to happen overnight.

Think of it this way.  Imagine a young farmer, just getting started.  He can see where he wants to be in 10 years.  He can visualize the lands he will have bought, the variety of crops he will have planted, the truck loads of fruits of his labor that will be sold throughout his country ---one day.....

Yet, all he has today is one small plot of land.  So, he sits looking at that little patch of dirt feeling demoralized?

(Excuse my language:  HELL NO!)

He celebrates that he actually has that little plot of dirt.  He is happy he has a handful of seeds to get started with.  He realizes he is new at this farming thing so he rolls up his sleeves.  He gets his hands dirty. He falls in the mud on certain days and loses his balance as he tends to his little garden.  He makes some errors when working on his plot but he stays focused and learns from each mistake.  With time,  he perfects his ability to get an enormous crop with his little plot.  He prepares for the day when he will have a sizable farm in his possession.  But, for now, he is happy and focused.  He planted the seed and he knows the process works:  plant, water, weed and WAIT PATIENTLY.  He remembers that the harvest comes.

So, why would he sit demoralized that it is taking time for the seeds to grow and bear fruit?

Why wouldn't he instead use that life energy to educate himself and prepare for the next stage when he has an even bigger plot of land and more seeds?

Should he sit and be-little himself because he is starting small?
Should he look at those a few years beyond him and feel less important because he is not that far along?

HELL NO!

Why would he drain his energy, beat himself up inside and get stuck in social comparison?

Ok...so, when I say it this way you are laughing.

But, in those quiet moments, when you are sitting with yourself --you lament.  You get stuck in self-judgment.  You allow your fears and your self-doubt to attack and take over your mind, don't you?

It's ok.

Grow your awareness of these clear, inner patterns in your thoughts.
Get ready:  Next time these fear-based thoughts try to take over your mind and want to drain your vital life energy, you will say a "HELL NO!"

And, here is what you will think instead:

I am an agent of change.
I am on earth for a purpose.
I love small beginnings--it is a fun process of growth and learning.
I celebrate where I am.
I am dedicated to my journey as a change agent.
I am IN IT FOR LIFE.
I have a Life-Long vision.
I TRUST THE HARVEST PROCESS.

I fuel my mind with thoughts of growth and progress.
I spend my energy building myself up, growing my skills, having a good time as I learn.

My life is on schedule.
I ENJOY this journey.
The JOY of my calling is my strength.

I lay aside thoughts that no longer serve me:
Good bye, Self-doubt.
Good bye, Comparison Thinking.
Good bye, Guilt of Not Being Farther Along.
Good bye, Fear of the future.

Hello to owning my amazing, unique, Divine configuration.
I am purposefully and wonderfully made!
Hello to being grateful for the progress I see in others.
I see the beauty of what is unfolding for others and I am inspired by their progress!
Hello to seeing that each day is a purposeful opportunity to learn and grow.
I recognize that EVERY moment and EVERY experience I have had has brought me to this point in time.
Hello to Trusting the process.
I choose to work hard, plant my seeds and leave the harvest to God.

Wow.
So, if you adopted this thinking, would you ever feel demoralized?

It's your day, dear change agent, to consider creating new thought-habits in your mind.
The new thoughts will create a new state of emotion in your being.
The empowered thoughts will inspire your body, mind and spirit.

Why would that farmer ever waste a day in self-pity when there is joyful work to be done?

Your life, your journey of purpose, your growth as a change agent, your UNIQUE calling is on schedule and is ESSENTIAL to the planet right now.

I need you to print this out.
I want you to read and re-read this letter as often as needed.
I want you to write down the new thoughts I offered you and read them morning, noon and night UNTIL, you think them naturally.

I adore you. I believe in you.  I know how powerful you are and I am EXCITED to see you unleash your joy, your power, your creativity!

Those big fields and harvests will come one day.  Then it will be you, offering this encouragement to that young, small farmer just getting started.

It is more well with your journey than you realize.

Say HELL NO to anything that drains your energy today.
Say HELL YES! to living your calling with love today.

With my deepest appreciation and awe of you and your journey,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

P.S. I am one email or chat away if you get stuck. Reach out as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment