Monday, January 2, 2017

Move from Joy in 2017 (No Need For Pressure!)

Happy New Year to each and every one of you.

Many of you probably took some time to set New Year's goals and resolutions.  Stepping back to do this inner work of connecting with your desires is a beautiful exercise!

Yet...too often, after the goals are set and the dreams emerge, many of us get overwhelmed.  We begin to put incredible pressure on ourselves to MAKE something happen.

Inner pressure is a subtle form of fear.  So, beware.

Inner pressure comes from a sense of having to figure it out all out, having to get it all done and make it all happen in a certain period of time.  Most of humanity allows this pressure to rule their lives.  What is the result?  STRESS.  Living in stress causes us not to feel well.  It causes us to become disconnected from peace, joy and the grace and ease available to each one of us as we walk through each day.

What if there is a slightly different approach?  One where you can keep your goals and dreams in front of you AND feel inner excitement and joy.  What if you can approach 2017 and all that will come about in your life with a sense of light-heartedness and play?  What it you decided not to take it all as heavy and serious and you instead remembered that this is a marvelous, unfolding adventure you are on that will have highs and lows, challenges and breakthroughs?



I write a note of encouragement to challenge you to NOT buy into stress-based thinking.  Instead, choose to come from a sense of love-based focus this year.  Get up each day with enthusiasm and gratitude.  Consider thought processes like, "Wow!  My body is alive again today!  I have the opportunity to put some of my beautiful time and energy into this experiment called Life!  I am going to have fun as I become a better version of myself.  I'm going to put my best effort forward as I interact with others and as I give energy into achieving my goals and dreams.  I'm going to be bold and take risks--following my inner guidance fearlessly!"

Doesn't that feel different than a heavy, pressure-cooker approach?

Be in awe of the opportunity to be alive today.
Give thanks for all that you do have in this moment!
Then, open your heart and RELAX.
Allow Divine Ideas to fill you...
Trust that you will be shown the next small step to take on this journey of twists and turns.
Follow through with that little step of action each day and
You will be amazed at what can come about.



In 2017, why not choose to live in peace....in gratitude...in the energy of joyful unfolding AS you put efforts forth on external achievements.  What's the point of running through life under pressure trying to "achieve it all" and not having a playful, wondrous time as you experience it all?

I'm just saying....there are many alternate methods of getting to the same goal.  Choose one that allows for your health and well-being...a way that allows you to be at peace and express love (not stress) to the one's closest to you.

Lighten up dear friends in 2017 and feel the MAGIC of being alive ;)

I will be working on this approach with you,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

2 comments:

  1. I did the exercise from your post; as I responded to the questions, I felt a sense of clarity. When I got to the last question to summarize my life, there was some hesitation, but the answered flowed. One lesson I have learned is self-clarity is requires commitment and periodic assessment. Thank you for your wonderful talent to heal humanity and attain our purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank YOU for sharing this experience with us. You stuck with the process and got the breakthrough in clarity. It's wonderful how you described it. It is my joy to share these ideas!

    ReplyDelete