Monday, January 9, 2017

Explore New Realms of Your Life Purpose (POWERFUL QUESTIONS - BEWARE!)

This weekend I had the privilege of being in my Positive Psychology Certification class with 40 amazing people (https://certificateinpositivepsychology.com/about-capp/ ).  Throughout the weekend, we dove deep into exploring our purpose and how to experience a deeply meaningful life.

On Saturday, our teacher provided us a list of questions for self-exploration.  I've spent many years exploring Purpose and as a result, I wrote a book called Clarify Your Purpose & Live It (available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Clarify-Your-Purpose-Patricia-Omoqui/dp/0982912900.)  During the years of my soul-searching that led to my writing that book, I came to a clear statement of my purpose...when I thought about what I desired people to say about me at the end of my life it is:  She helped me reach my full potential.

Since then, that guiding phrase has been the basis of how I spend much of my time and energy.

Little did I expect that I'd uncover an even deeper understanding of my life purpose this weekend.

As I allowed the questions to work on me, I discovered an element of my purpose that had been brewing within my heart for the last few years.  So, I re-wrote my Life Sentence:

"She took the time to hold the space so I could step more fully into my potential...and therefore, I did the same for countless others too."

Not only does my heart yearn to help people step into their potential, I desire to see those I help through my speaking, coaching, writing and mentoring do the same for others.  My prayer is that the love I share through my life will create a ripple effect of change to whatever extent God intends and enables it to.

Wow, I've shared the true essence of my heart with you today.  I do so only for the purpose of hoping that you will take some time this week to awaken more fully to the joy of exploring and allowing your deeper purpose to emerge.

Here are the guiding questions we were provided with this weekend....I suggest you write them down in your journal and take 5 to 10 minutes on each question.  Remember, this exercise is meant to be a heart and intuition centered one.  Don't hash and re-hash the questions in your mind.  Instead, quiet your mind and listen deeply and lovingly as your Deeper and Higher Self speaks to you through the voice of your heart.

Here we go:
1. What do you joyfully enjoy chasing each day? (Think of the image of a dog happily running after a ball over and over and over again.)

2. What am I doing when I feel most beautiful inside?

3. What is something you believe that almost nobody agrees with you on? (Think of people like the founder of Paypal -- everyone thought he was CRAZY for having an idea...but it was a game-changing idea)

4. What are your superpowers? (Imagine yourself as a super-hero...what super-powers do you naturally possess that make you who you are)

5. What keep you up at night? (What issues around you is your heart naturally working to solve?)

6. What are you willing to try now?

7. Looking back on career 20 or 30 years from now, what do you want to say you've accomplished?

8. What is your ONE sentence? (If you boiled it all down, what will the one key thing that you hope people say about you at the end of your life?)

Enjoy the deep self-probing! Keep a light heart as you answer! I'd love to hear back from you after you do the exercise to share your thoughts on how the questions felt or on any key insights that emerge for you.

Allowing clarity around your purpose to emerge more fully need not be a serious matter.  There is no need for pressure nor stress.  Life can be a Joyful exploration of possibility.  In fact, if you sense pressure or stress it is an indication that your mind is getting stuck in fear-based stories.  So, lighten up!  Open your heart to God.  Ask for a new level of clarity to emerge.  And, even if no answers emerge right now, don't worry!  The fact you are willing to ask the questions means that in due time, the answers you seek will find you.

Relax friend and enjoy this beautiful journey.
I'm here if you need me, just comment and we can discuss :) 

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a well-written, encouraging, challenging and inspiring invitation Your purpose statement is one you live out. I am so blessed to have you as a "mentor". I learn so much from you. Thank yo for living out your purpose. I promise to make you proud as I continue the ripple effect of reaching out to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam! I appreciate this feedback and I am so glad to know you. It is a true joy to walk this path with you!

      Delete