Monday, October 24, 2016

Practice, Practice, Practice WILL Pay Off: Key Insights to Support Your Transformation!

I want to share with you today the most worthwhile work I have ever done in my life.  The efforts I have put in have brought me more awareness, peace and transformation than I would ever have thought possible.

True, deep, lasting transformation happens from the INSIDE OUT.  When the painful news arrived 13 years ago that my baby might not walk, talk or have a normal life, I fell apart.  It was the best thing that could have happened to me.  (Please check out the first two steps of this process if you want to understand the entire process. Step 1: Observe the Inner Realms    Step 2: Consciously Create & Choose New Thoughts )

Because of Maggie's arrival, I felt such intense pain, uncertainty, anxiety, depression and discord within myself that I decided to uncover why I was suffering so deeply.  Divine synchronicity led me to the root of it all:  My thinking was literally causing my inner chaos.  I learned at that time that my thoughts about a situation triggered my emotions...and then how I felt led me to the actions in my life.  The result of this all-day, every-day process was my life experience.  And, at the time, I experienced my life as stressful, intense, upsetting and overwhelming.

I began to study my thinking one thought at a time.  I took pen and paper and began writing down all of my thoughts so I could see them clearly.  I got more honest with myself than was comfortable.  But, in this discomfort, I found all the reasons that I felt inner suffering.

I saw that my current thoughts were just one particular way of looking at things.  I noticed there were many other possible ways I could be choosing to look at things.  My old thoughts were what I had by default been programmed with.  My thinking patterns were an accumulation of what my parents, the church, the school teachers and society at large had told me.

When I first discovered this MESS inside myself I was overwhelmed with Grief and Anger with myself--How could I have been doing this to myself all these years?  How could I have suffered this much and not realized that I had the power to change all of this?  I allowed myself to experience the grief and then I took the time to offer myself grace:  I had been doing my best through my life. I literally did not know any better.  But, now, with this discovery, I sat on the horizon of AMAZING possibilities.

I now had the information I needed to transform my life from the inside out.

I consciously created an entire new thought system.  Then, came the intense work of Practice, practice, practice until I could create new habits.  Just like it had taken me 30 some years to be really good at my old thinking patterns, so too it took me time, energy and practice to create a new set of mental habits.

What I want to share with you today are some key insights that might help you if you choose to take on this work of transformation.

1.  Get ready and be excited for lasting transformation!  This will be the best, most important, most life-changing work you can take on.  The results of this inner transformation will pay off for the rest of your life!  This mind-shifting will allow you to create a foundation of new thinking for experiencing a truly happy, peaceful, deeply satisfying life.

2.  Prepare to sweat.  Transforming our minds is some of the most challenging work to do.  This inner work is not for the faint of heart.  Like anything in life you want to get results from, this work takes focus, it takes willingness to keep showing up, it takes practice.  This work is like going to a mental gym and lifting weights in your mind.  You are literally re-programming your brain, creating new grooves for new thought patterns to move through.  Like doing anything new, it may feel super-uncomfortable when you start.  But, with time, you will get the hang of it.  And, just like you start to develop some muscles after you life weights at a local gym for a few months, you will gain new mental muscles!  Results will come to those who practice.

3.  Don't worry if you feel like you are falling apart for awhile.  You are literally taking the step to remodel your mind.  Just remember, to get the new look and feel, you may have to break everything you thought was true apart -- and then put it all back together in a new and improved way.  It is natural to feel a "breaking down" before the new, improved YOU comes together.

4.  Trust the Process. This work WORKS.  The results come.  The experiment of your new thinking does come together in due time.  If you feel like you are going backwards a bit, sliding into old patterns, don't stress.  Just notice.  Swinging through old patterns is merely an opportunity to "test your progress" and use a new level of awareness to guide yourself back to the practicing of your new thoughts and perceptions.  What is certain:  if you choose to transform your mind, you will transform your life.

5.  Transformation happens piece by piece.  When you first discover that you can transform your thinking, sometimes in eagerness, you want to take it all on at once.  Take a deep breath.  Remember, this is Life-long work.  You will be presented layer after layer of opportunity to do this inner work.  Pace yourself.  Start where it feels natural.  Perhaps you will begin with your self-talk.  Then, maybe you will discover that your beliefs around money have been sabotaging you and you will then work on that area of your thinking.  Maybe then your thoughts and beliefs about relationships will emerge and it will be time to take care of that.  Next you may find that your approach to health needs some re-vamping.  Trust me, you have the rest of your life to do this work.  Don't overwhelm yourself by thinking you have to do the transformation work on EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW.  Instead, remember, you remodel a home one room at a time.  You can do the same thing with the house of your mind--one room at a time you will clean it out, deconstruct what doesn't serve you and then re-paint, re-decorate and create the room in a luxurious upgraded way.  You may choose to take a break after one room is done and enjoy the results of that new room before putting back on the hard-hat and going into the next room.  There is no right or wrong way to do this. But notice that you will need strength to sustain yourself through the transformation journey so...pace yourself.

6.  Inner work takes energy.  As I started this work, I felt EXHAUSTED.  I literally would feel drained of energy from the amount of focus it took to observe my mind and practice my new thinking.  Sleep helps.  Naps help.  Backing off on things in your daily schedule that can be put aside for a time may be just what you need to fuel yourself in this initial period of thought-transformation.  Remember to put on the glasses of self-compassion and grace as you take on this rewarding project.

7.  Create a support team.  You may feel crazy at times.  That's ok.  Sometimes we just need a little reassurance, some support and a bit of wisdom to keep on this path. Find a coach, a trusted mentor, a friend who has done this inner work--someone who has experience and insight to assist, stand by you and guide you when needed.  We don't have to go it alone.  And, it is quite enriching to share this journey with others.   (Yes, I do coach people through these processes.  If you need professional support, please reach out to me.)


These insights come from my own experimentation with transformation.  I am excited for you if you are going down this path!  Our planet is ready for more of us who have the awareness to do this thought-transformation work.  Imagine how much more peaceful, compassionate and graceful our world becomes if each of us cultivates the thinking that allows us this kind of inner experience!  As each of do this changing within, we literally begin to create a ripple effect of positive, uplifting change for our families, our communities and the world at large.

With all my love and a big hug to the courageous beings on the path to self-discovery!

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomouqi.com






No comments:

Post a Comment