Sunday, October 23, 2016

Encouragement for Your Heart Today! My World was Rocked this Week - But I came Out Stronger!

Just this week I had a person from my past attempt to re-enter my life.  He is the type of person who I'd call one of my "greatest learning partners" so far in this lifetime.  He is a person who comes with gifts to offer me in disguise.  Perhaps I should just say this bluntly -- it is because of the intense pain that I experienced from being abused by this person that I have gained the strength of character, the resilience of spirit and the compassionate heart that I have today.

Even seeing this person's number show up on my phone or hearing this person's voice in a voicemail causes my heart to pound.  I literally can feel the body systems go on high alert -- whatever is left of the old traumas cause my being to go into a panic.

Yet, each round of interactions that this person brings me way continues to help me heal and grow.  Of course, with time, I've learned to do this on my terms.  And, for the most part, I have had to put a dead bolt on the door to my life because I now understand that it is up to me to determine whether or not I want to allow this person even a moment of entrance into the peaceful life I have cultivated without his presence.

When he arrived via voicemail this past week, the old energy that had settled down into my cells was suddenly churned up.  There were moments when the pain of my past felt like it could overcome me.  But, I just observed, with great compassion, the emotional storm that was triggered within me.  There were even moments when I could chuckle at the storm--I could see that these old memories and emotions were stored in a part of my brain and that this was not my present reality.  How fascinating it was that my body, mind and spirit were having these ridiculously intense reactions to a person's voice.  Wow.

After a few days of journaling, meditating, praying, and talking through my experience with people who care deeply about me, I came back to a state of peace.  I also came away with a deeper understanding of myself, my past and the incredible gifts this "learning partner" had offered me.  He is who he is.  I have no control over him nor can I change him.  Yet, when he shows up, I have the grand opportunity to work on myself, to take further steps of healing, to learn to honor myself in a deeper way and to connect to a sense of GRATITUDE for who I have become because of the intense moments of pain that came about from our interactions.

I am better because of this person.  I have chosen to become a stronger, more resilient, vibrant and whole person because of those childhood wounds.

It doesn't feel good when our old painful memories get triggered, does it?  Yet, I've learned that the Divine plan allows for patterns to resurface so I can study, observe, and then more deeply heal whatever remnants of pain I am ready to release.

After these interactions, I feel more free to be me.  I feel like my cells have literally been shaken out and empties of junk that was stuck.  I feel the flow of love, gratitude, peace and joy increase in my being.

I would NEVER wish upon anyone some of the experiences that I've had.  Yet, I see that the Divine plan of my life brought me a series of events from which I can find great gems of wisdom.  I see that each experience of my life can be for my highest good.

I write this blog today as encouragement.  If you are going through hurtful situations, take heart.  If you have pain from your past that is resurfacing, perhaps you can begin to see it as a great opportunity to heal more deeply from your past and come into a deeper experience of personal wholeness.



None of our lives are perfect.  In fact, there is a lot of "messy" stuff that goes down in the course of our daily lives.  As we honor these experiences and the emotions we have, a great space opens for beauty to emerge in and around us.  As we realize we are not alone in having struggles and pain, we become more compassionate and understanding to the other 7 billion people on the planet.  As we seek and find the precious gems of wisdom that exist from the pain, we then have remarkable gifts of wisdom to offer the planet.

Take heart, dearest friends.  You can heal.  You can grow through whatever challenges come your way.  You can begin to see the deep lessons emerge from the interactions with some of the difficult learning partners who have been in your life.

Healing and growing with you,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this powerful testimony and reminder that this too shall pass. May God continue to keep and use you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this powerful testimony and reminder that this too shall pass. May God continue to keep and use you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Encourager! Thank you :) May you also be lifted to your next level of transformation and purpose!

    ReplyDelete