Thursday, March 24, 2011

Harness Your Power: Cherish the Priceless

This Sunday our pastor asked that our entire congregration join in prayer for a family whose son has a brain tumor.  This four year old boy was rushed to Children's Hospital for an emergency surgery.  They did not know if he would survive the surgery or not.  He did.  Yet, his family is being told that he has very little time to live.

There was not a dry eye in the service.  We joined in prayer for peace and comfort for the family.

I've been sitting with this in my heart all week.  I have been taking the time to cherish the priceless gift of my daughters and my husband.  I am looking at them with fresh eyes--enjoying them with greater appreciation. 

I have come to this conclusion:  I could have all the money, the fame, the success but without a family to share this with, it would be empty.  And, if I don't have the money, the fame or the success but I have my family, my life would still feel full.

I ask this week that you look at the people in your life with new gratitude.  Look for the good in them.  Find the love and connection and grow it! 

It is truly love that brings a depth and satisfaction to life -- it's not the external "stuff" that does.

With love,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment