Thursday, February 24, 2011

Harness Your Power: Prioritize Health

It was a long weekend.  My two girls and I were very sick with the flu.  I was literally shaking in my bed Saturday night while caring for my feverish daughters.  It made me realize how grateful I am for what my mom did for me growing up.  Moms rarely get credit for those midnight vigils they keep watching over sick children.  Now it is my turn to do for my girls what my mom did for me.

I value health.  Health is truly the foundation of a successful, satisfying and happy life.  I used to push my body even when sick.  I would rarely allow myself to rest and simply "be".  Yet, the past few years I have come to value quiet times--and I have learned that they are essential to my well-being.

I listen closely to the signals my body gives now rather than "pushing beyond the pain."  I've been intrigued by the aches, the soreness and the pain that has gone along with this flu.  Our bodies are truly remarkable machines, aren't they.  I am thankful that 99.9% of the time I enjoy tremendous health.

In the midst of not feeling well it seems that seeds I've planted for my career keep blossoming.  I started writing a new column for LeVogue Magazine that appears every Saturday in Leadership Newspaper (Abuja).  I did a radio interview yesterday at Ben FM 95.7 here in the Philadelphia area. 

Seeds that we plant do grow over time.  It is hard to wait and wonder...but I've learned to just keep planting and trust the process of growth.

I recommend this week that you make health a core priority.  Listen to your body and give it good rest, healthy foods and some exercise.  The health investment is one of the most essential there is for personal satisfaction--and a healthy body allows you to keep focused on living a life you truly love.

With my love,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

2 comments:

  1. Trish, you are a wonderful gift to your girls and to the world. I'm so very proud of you and happy to see your ongoing success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra! Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete