Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Harness Your Power: Be Here Now!

(Maggie & Skye three years ago)

I am continually reminding myself of what is most important.  My health is the foundation of enjoying life.  Being a good mom and raising kids who are loving, respectful and empowered -- that is essential for me.  I also love my work:  coaching people, speaking and writing bring a surge of joy through my body as I do it.

I've learned to schedule the my biggest priorities first.  I allow the rest of my life to happen around them.  I often say, "No" to requests for my involvement.  I want to enjoy each day rather than feeling overburdened and overwhelmed.

I bring this all up because I wrote an article on Time Management this week.  (No, you can't have a sneek peak!)  I was reminded of some of the essential ways to stay organized. 

As I wrote about managing time, I also remembered how essential it is to MAXIMIZE time.  I want to love and enjoy every moment.  I want to feel peace here and now.  I want to bring my best self to the day.  Putting worry aside, and any form of negative thinking allows me to do so.  It is constant work to refocus my mind to the present moment.  But, the effort is worth it.

This afternoon when I sat with my daughter Skye on the couch after she returned from school, I was awake to the moment.  I gave my full attention to how nice it was that she was leaning against me.  I took a deep breath and looked with wonderment at this 5 year old girl who is growing so quickly.  Then, as she jumped up from the couch and started dancing, I smiled. 

I recommend this week that you live fully in the present moment.  Be here now!  Engage those senses.  Take in the fresh air and the beauty of the people in your life.

Working on doing this with you,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.

http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment