Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Harness Your Power: Focus on Progress

There have been times on the path to my dreams that I didn't see major progress.  I have wondered, "Am I headed in the right direction?"  Yet, when I would look a bit closer, I could see bits of progress.  Small ones--but I could count it as progress nonetheless.

Take my coaching practice.  I met some coaches and knew in an instant that I wanted to be a life coach.  It started with taking a course in California.  Coming home, I created my business card.  I began telling people that I was a life coach.  A few people expressed interest and I took them on as unpaid clients. 

I'd coach in my lunch break and in the evening.  I coached in my car so I could have privacy.  (My clients didn't know because I was on the phone and highly professional).  I did whatever it was I needed to do to get myself launched.  After months of free coaching, I realized I had a gift.  Clients were expressing delight at the inner and outer changes they experienced.  I determined a fee.  The next client came along and I charged them some money for my work. 

At last, after months and months of focus, I was a paid life coach.  But, I was just at the beginning of building a coaching practice. 

It was a slow start.  It took patience--patience with myself and with life.  Yet, day by day, as I kept my focus, progress did come about.  There were many days that felt like literally nothing was happening.  But in the days with no visible developments, I was making inner strides forward.  I gained confidence and clarity about my calling.  I researched so I was prepared to have an intake form and a way to keep track of the sessions.

I share this to encourage you.  Go for your dreams.  Stay focused on your heart's calling.  You know what your passion is and you should never give up on it.  Don't get discouraged if you aren't moving as quickly forward as you thought you would.  Everything grows and unfolds in the perfect time.  Your part in the process is to be dedicated, disciplined and enjoy each step of the way.  Give yourself credit for every sign of progress and growth. 

Delight in the smallest movements forward.  Track them and smile.

My new book, Clarify Your Purpose and Live It, makes an excellent and reasonably priced Christmas Gift for the ones you love.  It is a "life-changing" book as someone told me today.  It can literally help you find a whole new level of purpose and meaning to your life if you read it and do the exercises.

Here's the link if you want to buy it on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Clarify-Your-Purpose-Patricia-Omoqui/dp/0982912900/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291144319&sr=8-2
With love,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment