Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Harness Your Power: Enjoy Your Health
















Last Tuesday night I received a call from my husband, "Trish, I am on my way to the emergency room, I broke my arm."  He had been playing soccer (futbol) with some friends.  His cleat got stuck in the ground and he fell in just the "perfect" way to break his left forearm in TWO places.   (Yes, that's him with my daughter Skye in this picture.  Believe me, he wasn't smiling like this when I saw him at the hospital!)

I called my mom, "Please, can you come be with the kids so I can get to the hospital.  David needs me." 

Thirty minutes later I was on my way to the hospital.  When I got there my husband was in the most pain I've ever seen him in.  His arm was dangling in front of him and was rather crooked -- bones were in directions they shouldn't be pointing.

After hours in the emergency room and x-rays, David was admitted.  Emergency surgery happened the following day.  The surgeon came and told me, "I love a good challenge and putting your husband's arm back together was a good one for me."  He was certainly passionate about his work, and I'm thankful for that.

Finally on Thursday evening I was able to bring David home. 

Life brings many unexpected challenges.  Watching the intense pain my husband has with every small movement made me extremely thankful for good health and a strong body.  We often don't value this enough. 

So, this week, I challenge you to notice how your body is working--wow...look at how those arms and wrists move.  Legs carry you along life's path each day.  Notice how many functions your body performs with any thought on your part!  Incredible!  Be thankful.  Nurture your body.  Pay attention if it tells you something is not working and get a physician to check you out if necessary.

Without a healthy body it is difficult to pursue our dreams or even enjoy the very basic, simple aspects of life.  Cherish what you have!  I had a moment of total love when I saw my husband after surgery...I was just SO THANKFUL it was only his arm that had been hurt.  I can't imagine life without him.

I give thanks for loving, supportive friends and family.  I appreciate surgeons, hospitals, and pain medications.  I am so thankful my husband is alive and that other than his arm, he is in great health.  I give thanks that all my bones are fully intact!  So many blessings, so many.

Much love and wishes for good health!

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment