Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Harness Your Power: Release the Pressure

Often it is we who are the ones who put the most pressure on ourselves.  I'm really good at this -- especially when it comes to writing.  I've been working on a book now for several years.  I've made good progress, in fact, I'm getting really close to finalizing it.  Yet, there have been days when I am putting so much pressure on myself to get it done, that I give myself a headache and stomachache.

I laugh as I write.  I know that my thoughts on the matter are causing the physical reaction in my body and the stressful emotions.

As I notice this happening, I stop.  I step back.  I let it go.  I breathe.  I remember that my best writing comes when it moves from my heart to my fingers and onto the page.  I realize pushing something to completion and exhausting myself in the meantime is actually not how I want to live.

So, I am refocusing my thinking this week.  I'm trying to rest my mind and let go of the pressure-filled thinking.  A book is in my heart and will be born at the right moment.  In fact, sometimes what is inside us must mature long enough so that it isn't born before it's time.  I guess like  a pregnant lady nearing the end of her last tri-mester, the feeling of "I just want this baby out of me!" is what I feel some days.

Whether you are writing a book, remodelling your home, dealing with your children or any other project going on in your life, I invite you to release the inner pressure and instead, let the flow of life move you through it.

The river of life moves us forward naturally.  If we just stay relaxed, we move.  If we swim upstream thinking we have to figure it all out on our own, we do exhaust ourselves (at least I sure do).

Life is on schedule.  Perhaps we just need to shift our thinking and be a bit gentler to ourselves.

Here are a few suggestions:

I relax my mind.
I release the inner pressure.
I open to the flow of life.
I am on schedule.
Everything that needs to get done in a day, gets done.
The rest of my tasks and projects are there waiting for me tomorrow.
I rejuvenate my mind and spirit and body so I feel well.
From joy, my best work flow easily.

I send my love to you :)
We sure are funny creatures, aren't we ?

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

p.s. I'm taking on new life coaching clients if you are interested and could use the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment