Monday, March 29, 2010

Harness Your Power: Share with Purpose

I find that the Universe brings the most unusual people onto my path to serve.  And, sometimes service comes in sharing the simplest things.  There is a girl I met in my neighborhood who has a small baby.  She needs food and encouragement.  As I've cooked this past week I made extra portions.  What joy this small offer of kindness and food brought to this young lady. 


I used to think that serving others meant doing big things.  But now, I am seeing that Mother Theresa was right -- it is small things done with great love that change our World.

I see that I can't take care of all the needs.  So I've been guided to investigate the many non-profit organizations in the area so that as people come into my life, I can connect them to the resources they need.  I am amazed at how many individuals and organizations care so deeply for the lives of others.  I am happy to be growing my network so that I can be part of sharing my time, energy and resources with purpose.

What small things are you being called to do for your family, friends and community?  You do have a calling.  Open your eyes this week and ask, "How can I serve?"  Be prepared.  You will be guided to simple ways to show love to others.  In doing this, you will receive so much joy in return.

Giving and receiving are truly the same thing!
In giving we receive.  In receiving we give the gift of accepting another person's desire to give.

With love for you as we share ourselves purposefully with the World,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment