Monday, December 21, 2009

Harness Your Power: Give Yourself the BEST Gift!


The most important gift we can give ourselves is Self-Love and Acceptance.  How might your life change if you moved beyond all self-doubt and self-criticism and decided to simply, unconditionally value yourself?

Here are a few ideas to help you:

To overcome your self doubt, the first and most important step is to become fully aware of your self-criticism. Take today and really study your thoughts. Why is it that you doubt yourself? What is it that you believe about yourself that causes you to think you aren’t as good as other people or that you can’t attain the level of success you desire?


To really get beyond self-doubt, you need to know why you doubt yourself.

Observe your thoughts. Write down on paper what you think so that you can see it clearly.

Next, ask yourself, “Where did these thoughts come from?” Look closely and try to get a sense of who told you this about yourself or why you decided this was true.

You may begin to see that your parents, siblings, teachers, friends etc. convinced you years ago that you aren’t good enough or you don’t have what it takes for success.

QUESTION THIS!

You are born with intrinsic value and a unique set of gifts. How could the Creator make mistakes in how you were created? You are an incredible person, one with great power. To activate your power and potential you must open to knowing your personal value. Value doesn’t come from what you achieve or what possessions you have. You ARE valuable already. Once you know this, everything in your life will begin to change.

Remember that these old thoughts of self-doubt are habits. You’ve been practicing this type of thinking for many years. So, it will take some effort to create a new set of thinking habits.

Here are some new possibilities:

I am amazing.

I am valuable.

I am important.

I am here for a reason.

I am gifted.

I am talented.

I am strong.

I am full of love.

I enjoy life.

I have fun all the time.

I am kind to others.

I am smart.

I am a leader.

I lead by example.

I listen to my heart

I respect others.

I speak my truth.

I am honest.

I love to read and learn.

I make the World a better place.

That’s enough to get you started.

To move beyond this self-doubt will take some effort on your part. But, if you do, the rewards will pay off in HUGE dividends for the rest of your life.

I have written many articles on the topic of self-esteem. If you want more of this type of writing from me, send me an email at allure@patriciaomoqui.com and let me know you want to move beyond self-doubt.

If you want to share your observations of your thoughts with me, then drop me another email and tell me what you’ve discovered. I can help you find alternate thinking that will empower you in 2010.

Also, I have a free daily email list that can support you in seeing yourself in a more positive way. Go to my website www.patriciaomoqui.com and put your email in the red box called Food For Thought if you are interested in receiving these.

Blessings and Love,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.

www.patriciaomoqui.com

1 comment:

  1. thank you. We all need reminding of the goodness in living with awareness.

    ReplyDelete