Sunday, November 15, 2009

Harness Your Power: Peaks and Valleys


I was reminded today that life is a series of cycles --there are ups and there are downs, there are times of rain and times of drought, there are times of plenty and times of want.  When we understand that there is value in all situations, the "down times" allow for tremendous learning.

When we resist these difficult times, we feel tremendous suffering and exhaust ourselves.  What if we could relax and know that there are important lessons to learn, essential people to interact with and powerful tools to gain?  Though it might not feel easy or less intense, the challenges take on a new color and texture.

I want to encourage you today to ask the following questions if you are facing difficulties:

What is it that I am learning from this time?
What if I knew this challenge was purposeful for my soul's development?
What if I could open my eyes and see the situation from a totally different perspective?

I'm asking these questions myself.  In doing so, I am finding some fascinating answers.  I'm being reminded that life happens only one moment at a time.  I need not worry about 2 weeks from now or 2 years from now.  I can instead open to what is available to me in the moment I am living.  I can open to the gifts of today.

I am finding many miracles and blessings in these times even though they feel hard.

I offer you my love.  If I can be of assistance to you please drop me an email.

All is well,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment