Monday, October 12, 2009

Harness Your Power: Tools for the Fire of Fear


The past few days I've experienced some very intense life situations.  They have brought my deepest fears back up to the surface for more healing.  In the moments when the fire of the fears burns strongest, I've sat quietly breathing.  I've taken the time to remind myself of the miraculous things that have been happening in my life the past few years.  I've used affirmations to help myself remember, "All is well.  I stay in the moment.  I enjoy what this moment offers me.  I am grateful for all the good in my life (then I list everything I can think of for which I can give thanks."

I have used these tools over and over the past few years.  They work. 

It doesn't mean that the fire doesn't feel hot, as if I may completely melt.  I actually have felt moments where I felt I might break into millions of little pieces.  But, I have learned that my spirit is far grander than the stories my mind tells me of future fear and guilty pasts.  I sit and watch my mental processes.  I feel what is there to be felt.  I move through it.  Then, after some time it passes and I move back into deep peace.

My faith is deepened.  I am more certain than ever that I am guided each step of the journey.

I wanted to share this with you so you can understand that you are not alone if you are facing difficulties that feel overwhelming. I  experience this too.  Yet, I've found a way to sit in the darkness with a calm spirit knowing that the storms will pass.

I was blessed this week to see a "rainbow spot" on a sunny day.  I've never seen anything like it before.  The sky was bright blue.  In the middle of one of the clouds was the most beautiful circle filled with the colors of a rainbow.  I looked up and breathed in the energy of hope it offered me.

Dear friend, we can only live one moment at a time.  To jump any further ahead than this moment often causes us too much suffering.  Breathe deeply this week and stay as present as you can.  Use gratitude to stay focused on the gifts this moment offers you.

Healing with you,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment