Sunday, October 18, 2009

Harness Your Power: Get Some Rest!


I spent this weekend doing a lot of resting. (No, that's not me in this picture, it's my daughter Skye held in her daddy's hand.  She was only 7 days old).  I took a nice long nap followed by a longer than normal night's sleep.  I feel refreshed and refocused.  I stayed at home more than normal and did simple things with my kids like playing board games and hide-n-seek.  It felt good to BE more than DO.

Rest is essential to our physical, mental and emotional well-being.  Yet, so few of us get enough of it.  I admit I am guilty of this on a regular basis.

When you interact with people and ask them, "How are you doing?"  They often respond with the words, "I'm so busy."  It even can appear sometimes that people are competing with each other to see who is the busiest one among us.

For some reason we attach our value to being busy.  We have come to think that the busier we are, the more important we are.  I'd challenge you to question this notion.  All too often I've worked when I was tired and ended up getting very little done. 

I now know that if I rest first, I get far more done and have improved focus.

Listen to your body's signs this week -- do you feel exhausted, worn thin?  Do you feel on edge or cranky?  Are the tears flowing more than normal?  It might just be that what you need more than anything is a nice, long nap.

Get some rest.  I did and I feel much better.  I have extra zip to my step and a much clearer mind. 

Take good care of yourself.  You are so important!

Blessings,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

Come hear me speak on Sunday, October 25th at 3 pm at the Mind, Body, Spirit Expo in Valley Forge, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment