Sunday, November 2, 2008

Harness Your Power: Celebrate to the Fullest!


I had a special week. Thursday was my 35th birthday. I must say that this was one of my best ones ever. It wasn't because of the type of celebration I had. Yes, I had the traditional cake, a nice dinner out with my family, loving cards and even a massage! But, my birthday this year felt more joyful because of the many inner shifts and deep personal healing I have experienced this year.


I've decided that my intention for the upcoming year is to live with freedom and joy. In some dark times recently I saw how my deepest fears caused me to feel terribly worried and upset. I must say that I am tired of personal suffering. I've discovered that I am able to feel peace more of the time. In fact, with the help of teachers (listening to their CD's and reading their books) I have learned techniques that allow me to see the beauty and peace in each moment.
It's not that outer circumstances aren't challenging because they often are. The difference is that I am approaching these challenges in a new way. I question my mind. I examine my thoughts and see when they send me into feeling upset and exhausted. I stop. I make a conscious choice to see the possibility in each and every moment.


I've been practicing pulling myself back to the moment for several years now. Finally, I am able most of the time to live in the present. And, if I slip to the past or the future, I notice it. I come back to All That Is in the moment. It is refreshing to be in the moment. It is invigorating not to be drained by my fears. It feels like a relief to be able to experience joy again.


That's why my birthday felt so different this year. It was different because my inner being has grown and is more at peace. I am able to celebrate in new ways! It is a happier place to be. I can play like a kid now. I can laugh and be silly in a way I've been unable to for many years. It's nice to feel child-like again.


I feel tremendously blessed. I have been using a new technique during my daily walks. I want to share it with you because I feel such positive, hopeful energy when I do this. I recently read the book The Moses Codes by James Twyman. He tells the story from the Bible of Moses and the Burning Bush. Moses asked the Burning Bush, who are you? God answered Moses in a new way with a new name -- I Am That I Am.


When I heard James Twyman speak a week ago, he demonstrated how to use this name as a means to draw into our lives the experiences we want. Let me give you an example of how I use this to raise my energy. Here are the types of affirmations I create in the structure of I Am That I Am.


I am peace, I am.

I am love, I am.

I am abundant, I am.

I am two million dollars, I am!

I am full of faith, I am.


(I go on and on putting in whatever word I want to be or to draw into my life. As I say these phrases --actually, I chant them aloud as I walk-- I feel the energy of the experience of peace, love, abundance etc.)


Then I move on to offer the same thing to the rest of the World.


We are peace, we are.

We are love, we are.

We are free, we are.

We are rich, we are.

We are joyful, we are.

We are creative, we are.

We are amazing, we are.

We are full of gifts and talents, we are.

We are leaders, we are.


So, you get the idea, right? You can do this in your way. I'm sharing mine because when I do this as I walk it truly helps me. Rather than allowing my mind to drift to the seeming problems in my life, I keep focused on what I WANT TO CREATE. I affirm who I am. I see the vision for what can be changed across our planet.


Why not give this a try this week? Try to stay in this activity for as long as you can be focused. Let me know what you feel as you experience this.


I am so grateful to so many people. I am blessed to have caring mentors, friends and family around me. I am delighted by the material blessings I have -- from a warm scarf, to a soft bed to the trees at the park. Life is remarkable when you see it minus the fear and worry blinders.


Have a blessed week. Be present. Stay focused in gratitude. Use affirmations to bring yourself back to this moment. Each moment is truly exquisite. Have a loving week.


With love and gratitude for each one of you,


Patricia Omoqui



Check out my videos on YouTube...they were created to help and support you in your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment