Sunday, November 9, 2008

Harness Your Power: Belief, Hope and Courage


What a momentous week this was for our country. Whether you supported Obama or McCain, it was truly amazing to watch this election unfold. We saw the seemingly impossible become possible. What allows for these types of things to happen? Three of the key elements that brings a vision to reality are belief, hope and courage.


I am challenging myself to stay focused on these words in the weeks to come. There are many visions in my heart. It is easy for me to fret and wonder how these grand ideas could become a reality. It all boils down to a moment-by-moment choice for me to make -- will I believe or will I doubt? Will I worry or will I be filled with hope? Will I give up or will I walk courageously forward into the unknown?


I can choose. I will choose. I am determined to choose -- to walk by faith, rather than by sight. I have seen miraculous changes in my life in 2008. Things that seemed impossible to me have come about. Opportunities I never could have dreamed of dropped out of thin air and landed in my lap. The miraculous is wonderful to experience. We are surrounded by miracles.


I've been taking the time to recognize my miracles no matter how big or how small. My body is healthy and strong. My daughter Maggie is doing fantastically well given the challenges she faces. Skye shows such spirit and excitement for life. My husband is supportive, caring and courageous. I appreciate every small pleasure from a cup of hot cocoa to a spontaneous hug from my daughters. I am blessed. I am so grateful for all that I have.


Could I choose fear right now? Sure, I could. I believe that suffering is totally overrated. Fear leads me into deep suffering. I know the familiar pattern all too well. To be quite honest, I am tired of fear. So, I've replaced it with belief, hope and courage.


Let's encourage one another this week to stay focused in positive, loving energy. We can do this. It is a choice. If you feel doubt creep into your heart, just stop. Take a deep breath. Then refocus. Remember that the Universe supports you in this amazingly rich journey of learning.


A big hug to each of you.

"Yes, We Can!"


Patricia Omoqui


No comments:

Post a Comment