Saturday, October 4, 2008

Harness Your Power: Study Your Emotions



Why is it that I am so surprised at the guidance I receive all the time? It is so consistent and it always shows up just at the right moment. Yet, I feel amazed when I am guided. Shouldn't I expect it by now?

I was led yesterday to purchase an amazing book at Borders. It is called, "The Heart of The Soul" by Gary Zukav and Linda Francis. I love books. I devour them. They stir and feed my soul, expand my awareness and stretch my heart. In a very simple, but profound style Gary and Linda share the importance of emotional awareness.

They suggest that each of us is a student in the Earth School of Life. The courses that we take are the emotions that we experience. We each choose a unique curriculum. Some of us are studying anger, others are studying joy, and yet others are studying jealousy. If we begin to pay attention to our classes we can move at whatever pace we want in finishing that particular course so that we can move on to the next.

The key to learning is that we must accept that what we are experiencing emotionally is INSIDE of us. Our emotions may be responses to our circumstances but we must own what we feel and learn why we feel it. As we come to an understanding of why we are experiencing the emotions inside of us, we become authentically empowered to choose the responses we want to any circumstance we encounter in life.

As I read these pages in the book, I smile. I see what my coursework has been the past few years...and I see that I am wrapping up some intense coursework in fear and anger. My heart has been yearning to start some new courses and I've been experimenting more with joy, peace and love. I'm ready to give more of my time and attention to the classes of happiness, trust and hope.

I see the importance of the courses I've been taking on fear and anger. Where does this fear come from that I experience so often? Why do I feel unsafe or insecure? What beliefs do I hold that cause me to judge myself and others? These are the questions that I've been pondering the last few years. It has caused me to do deep excavation and come to the core beliefs I hold in my life that cause me deep suffering and pain. Slowly, but surely, I've been shifting these beliefs and opening to expand my understanding of the possibilities that new beliefs offer me.

What courses are you focused on? Take time this week to note the emotions that you most often experience right now. That is your current coursework. Give thanks for wherever you are and the courses you are studying. By understanding that this is your coursework, you can lovingly begin to examine these emotions. You are at just the right point in your journey. Accept this. Then, purposefully begin to choose to move through this coursework so that you can experience a sense of authentic empowerment.

I love the School of Life even though it feels very painful at times. It is fascinating and invigorating to see the progress each of us can make in learning that we create our reality. Wow! We can lovingly shift our reactions. We can look at our lives through new lenses and begin to see the deeper meanings of what is happening all around us. We are not alone in our studies -- the Universe guides and tutors us by bringing us the people, circumstances and opportunities to take the next step in our coursework if and when we are ready.

Here are some affirmations that I have written for myself today...I share them in case they can be of support and help to you:

I choose to become authentically empowered.

I study my emotions.

I embrace all aspects of my life experience as perfect.

I choose to release judgment and offer myself and others love.

I choose to respond in love and trust as often as I can.

I am a spirit being in a human body.

The Universe supports me on my journey, guiding and directing me all the time.

I celebrate each day for it offers me new gifts of self-awareness and love.

With great love and admiration for all of us,

Patricia Omoqui

www.patriciaomoqui.com

No comments:

Post a Comment