Sunday, October 19, 2008

Harness Your Power: THE KEY


I have been constantly reminded this week of THE KEY to peace and joy during times of change and uncertainty. It is simple. It holds open a space of all possibility and total power. You can even find wonder and beauty at all times in your life if you remember THE KEY.


THE KEY is the present moment. In a sessions with a dear life coaching client this week, we talked at length about the importance of being determined to live in the NOW. This client has his mom and step-father in the hospital, has a job that deals with the volatility of the stock market and a dog who has a torn ACL and needs surgery. Talk about stressful circumstances!


In our conversation we discussed a few helpful questions to use when the future seems overwhelming or the past brings us a feeling of shame. I want to share these with you in hopes that they will assist you in staying connected with THE KEY--living life one moment at a time, fully present and open to the miracles available in each moment of life.


Question #1: Do I have everything I need in this moment? Anytime I consider this question I come to the conclusion, "YES. I do have what I need in THIS moment." I am always provided for. Did I have enough food to eat today? Yes. Did I have a place to lay my head? Yes. Are there clothes on my back? Yep. Am I breathing? Certainly. Can I find peace right now? If I stay present, I sure can.


Question #2: What good am I missing in this moment? We often get so focused on the things we feel are wrong in our lives. We become so preoccupied with the additional money we want to give us greater ease in paying our bills, the new clothes we'd enjoy, the bigger house that would feel nice...our focus goes away from what we DO HAVE to what we DON'T HAVE. When we pose this question, it brings us back to take a fresh look at what good we already have in our lives. This question is also great in challenging situations -- there is always something good to focus on even when life feels difficult. Will you open to find the good? If you do, I am sure you will begin to notice it!


Question #3: When do I have personal power? There is only one answer to this question -- it is the NOW. In each moment if you will keep your mind fully focused, you open to divine wisdom, phenomenal strength and inspired hope. In the present moment we receive all the guidance we need to navigate difficult situations and make progress towards creating what we want to experience in our lives. It is our preoccupation with the future, our self-doubts and limiting thoughts (based upon our past experiences) that cut us off from the step-by-step guidance we need to move rapidly and supernaturally through our life circumstances.


I find in my life coaching work that whatever I share with my clients ends up being wisdom that I need to apply to my own life. So, all week long I found myself using these questions to focus my energy in the Now. It is refreshing to live in the present moment. There is such joy, peace, hope, wonder and love when we live life one moment at a time. Trust each moment of life. You are safe and secure. You are not alone -- Spirit surrounds you, fills you and infuses your life with all you need. Just open. Simply open to THE KEY -- to each present moment of your life.


Trust the moment. We each have THE KEY -- will you begin to use it? It will open the door to countless blessings if you do.


With great love for each of you,


Patricia Omoqui

No comments:

Post a Comment