Saturday, October 11, 2008

Harness Your Power: Release Excuses


It is easy to feel a "victim" of life. People don't always treat us like we want them too. Financial markets don't move in the direction we hope. Circumstances rarely ever turn out as we planned. In the midst of all these aspects of life that we can't control, we forget that we can control the most important thing of all -- our reaction.


For several years I've observed people in my life wanting to blame outside forces for where they are in their lives. They spend hours complaining, whining and resisting life. They use large amounts of energy trying to find excuses as to why they feel unhappy. I understand. I've been in the same place--fretting and trying to control my life thinking that doing so would make me feel better.


It wasn't until I stopped blaming others that I became vividly aware that if I go inside, I can find peace. I choose how I feel. No one can dictate that for me. I choose what I think. Nobody is thinking for me. It is I who choose my reactions to life. Once I understood that I am the creator of my life experience, my whole life changed from within my heart.


People in my life were still the same. Circumstances remained challenging. The light of hope and peace that sparked within my heart brought new vitality and vision. My perspective shifted: I could find joy even on the darkest of days.


To learn this truth, I had to give up my excuses. I needed to drop them completely. Was life challenging? Sure it was! But, that didn't mean that I had to be an emotional wreck. In fact, I began to see that the "story lines" of my life were fascinating. I observed myself in each circumstance. I found new power to become who I had always wanted to be. Life didn't need to change. I did.


Change begins within. There is no time like NOW for each of us to choose what we want to experience. Are you going to be focused on gratitude today or will you be down in the dumps? Will you feel the frantic fear that is rampant in our society or will you see that we are surrounded by the peace of nature? Your experience of life is dictated by your experience within.


I challenge each of us to look at the excuses we still hold -- to understand why it is we think that we must put off our happiness for a sunnier day. Why wait for a wonderful life? Instead, look within and see that you have the inner resources to create the wonder, joy and peace in this moment.


I write all this to myself as well as each of you reading. I need constant reminders that I am stronger, more remarkable and vibrant than I give myself credit for. I find this when I quiet my mind and connect with my brilliant spirit.


Take time this week to be silent. Listen to the peace all around you. Notice any conflict within. Ask the Universe to guide you towards beauty and joy. You are ready to experience more of this. This doesn't need to happen AFTER circumstances change. It can begin now.


With love, joy and peace,


Patricia Omoqui

p.s. Exciting news -- I am going to have a weekly 5 - 7 minute spot on Nigerian National TV. You can check out some of the clips that will be airing by visiting www.youtube.com . Search by "Patricia Omoqui" and you can get a sneak peek of some wonderful topics that can inspire your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment