Friday, February 22, 2008

Harness Your Power: Growing In Patience

This week I have experienced a personal challenge (no, do not assume based on the picture on this blog that I am pregnant! Ha Ha). The challenge has come in the form of one that I have experienced before. In fact, I believe that it is a personal pattern I have (and that many of us have).

The pattern is one where I see that inside myself I have grown into something new but my "newness" has not manifested yet in the circumstances of my life. As I see my heart longing for the changes I desire to come about, I feel impatience -- and the impatience creates resistance and suffering inside me.

I've experienced this in many forms the past few years. A few years ago, I was sitting in a corporate job. I had outgrown the job and the situation as a whole. Yet, for over two years I sat there knowing I needed to have patience until the time was right to make a change. At first, my resistance to the situation in my job was strong. I just wanted change to come. I was so focused on my desire for change that I felt restless and sometimes exhausted by waiting. After awhile I grew to realize that if I simply embraced the moment and the current circumstance, amazing possibilities would open up in the situation.

The possibilities in that particular situation were remarkable -- I was able to clarify that I wanted to start my own business. I was able to remember the gifts and talents I had and determine how I wanted to express myself in the World. AND, during that time I started my business -- I would spend my lunch hour and evening hours doing life coaching. I also began to use my vacation days to get on stage and start speaking again. When I was finally laid off from my job, I was ready to fully launch my business. How gracious the Universe was in allowing me those years of transition.

None of that possibility would have opened up for me if I stayed in a state of resistance to my circumstances.

So, I find myself again in a similar situation. My heart is ready for a new home that "fits" who I have become the last few years. I find myself wanting to be "in the next stage." Yet, by fighting my current circumstances, I feel that resistance inside myself. This resistance to the NOW causes intense inner struggles for me. I have trained myself to observe my mind -- so I can clearly watch the mental patterns going on inside me.

I've realized that it all truly does boil down to choice of thought and choice of mental focus. It is a moment-by-moment choice to either resist the NOW or to flow with the NOW. It is a moment-by-moment choice to accept our circumstances or to judge them as "less than" what we expect. It is a moment-by-moment choice to feel gratitude or to find what is not quite right with a situation.

How powerful can we become? We can become as powerful as we choose to be in each moment.

I realized something the last week -- when we are developing new aspects of ourselves, it is as if a fetus is growing within us. I remember when I was pregnant with Maggie and Skye how long those last few months of waiting for my children to be born felt to me -- it felt like another 3 months would be an eternity. Everyone around me kept telling me to enjoy the time of quiet and rest. Yet, I just wanted the baby to arrive.

The last months of a baby's development in the womb are essential for the baby to be born thriving and in wonderful condition for entering the World. I would never want a premature baby -- because of the risks associated with it. I want my babies to be born fully ready for the World around them.

It is the same with those desires that form within us. The Universe is so kind to us by not allowing those desires to be birthed in form until they have matured -- and until we are fully prepared for their arrival in our lives.

So, here I am. I choose this moment to accept where I am. I choose to be embrace the desires of my heart and trust that they will be born at the perfect moment in time. I choose to be calm and peaceful as I grow. I choose to harness my power by growing my patience and by growing my trust that the Universe allows my desires to manifest into reality at the perfect moment.

I know this in my head. Slowly, but surely, it is seeping into my cells and I am seeing that I can embody these truths rather than just mentally acknowledging them.

Can you relate to this feeling? If so, please leave a comment or drop me an email at patricia@patriciaomoqui.com .

I am blessed to be learning and growing. I am blessed to be able to share these thoughts with you via this blog.

Have a week filled with patient accepting of your NOW moment.

With love, light, joy, peace and hope,


Trish


No comments:

Post a Comment