Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wake Up to Life --Today

Got the BB message--Dana air crash in Lagos...all feared dead.

I was with my children.  I knew my husband was safe and had not flown today.  I said a prayer for peace and comfort.

I took perspective all day.  Too often we take for granted the normalcy of life.  We see people and expect to see them again.  We have a day of safety and security but take no notice.  We move our bodies freely as we walk through a sunny day but lose ourselves in the clouds of our fearful mind.

What will it take to wake you up to today?  It needn't be a tragedy.

Wake up.
Savor life.
Enjoy the moment you are in.
Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Relish the goodness of life as you know it right now.
There are always blessings to be found.

I spent the day looking into my children's eyes.  I hugged them, laughed with them, enjoyed them fully.

Life has been teaching me the past few months to just live in the moment.  As I just stay present to what Life offers me, I find deep peace.  Yes, even joy emerges to new levels within me as I just unwrap the gifts that God has offered me now.

The past is past.  The future will be there when I meet it.  But, this very moment is an open door to exquisite treasures.

Let us live with a heart open wide and eyes that can see the beauty of life today. 

May God comfort the families who have lost so much today.

With my love,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat for this insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U inspire a lot of people with ur words,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! @Julian, it is my joy to share. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. The Dana crash hit close to home for very many people. Friends and families died in it. The people affected need some sort of balm to soothe their grief right now. What would you tell the family that lost a daughter, son-in-law and 4 grandchildren in the plane crash?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Modupe, I am not sure there are even words that could bring any relief to someone experiencing this kind of greif. In fact, perhaps words are not needed -- just total support, love, and presence. A willingness to allow the space for emotions to be experienced and expressed ...a willingness to listen...a willingness to take care of practical matters that someone grieving can't handle...those are gifts to offer...simple, complete gifts during a time of tragedy. Here is a prayer I found that might be of comfort to all: "O Lord, I am torn up with grief. I know you are there, but I cannot see past my sorrow and tears. Be with me, Lord... guide me through these dark days and bring your light to my life, so that I may see your goodness, even in my mourning." (Maureen Pratt)

    ReplyDelete