Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Don't resist Life - FLOW!


"Seek not that the things which happen should happen as you wish; but wish the things which happen to be as they are, and you will have a tranquil flow of life”

Epictetus quotes (Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135)




When the river of life is pushing you forward and you decide you aren't going to move, you are going to be exhausted from struggling to stay where you are.  If you try to swim upstream against the flow, you won't get anywhere.  How do I know?  Well, many times in my life I have fought with the river of life.  I don't do so anymore.  I have learned my lessons.

In the past week there was both an earthquake and hurricane Irene in my area.  Was it fun?  No.  But it was an experience.  As I woke my children in the middle of the night because a Tornado warning sounded for our area, I took them downstairs to a safe place.  I sat in the silence calmly giving thanks for each one of them.  A moment of truth:  my children are alive, healthy and even in the discomfort of a horrible storm, we have each other.

No matter the challenge or the seeming inconveniences life brings our way,
there is learning to be found in every moment.

So, why not stop resisting what life brings your way and instead GO WITH THE FLOW?

Learn.  Grow.  Gain as much from the moments of life as you can. 

I have found that when things don't seem to be going my way, it is the time I must pay the most attention:  I am being taught something essential for the next stage of my journey.

Flow, flow, flow as life brings you forward.

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

1 comment:

  1. that's just right. we ought to go upward and forward only. no matter the struggles. that's a nice post

    ReplyDelete