Friday, November 30, 2007

Open Your Wings and Fly!


I have always been serious in nature and extremely focused. Part of it stems from the way I grew up -- my Dad was always stern and if my brother and I started to joke around or get too silly, he would tell us to "stop that nonsense." Another part of it is the personality I arrived with -- from the time I was little I was organizing my mom's life, making sure my brother was behaving (well, ok, I was bossing him around), and trying to figure out a project schedule for our family and all my friends in the neighborhood.

The last few years I have been rediscovering the fun that is possible in life! It feels good to "lighten up" on life and simply enjoy myself. I used to think having fun was a waste of time -- it was at the bottom of my priority list. I believed work was serious and that if I wasn't serious, then I wasn't focused enough on getting the job done. I felt I needed to concentrate on what was important in life -- and yes, be serious about it. Then, if there was some time left over, I might crack a smile, have a laugh with friends and spend time on a fun activity. But that happened very little.

I now know that I can have fun while I focus on what is important to me. I can get my work done and have a blast. Because I have "lightened up" about life, I am so much happier. By lightening up, a load has been lifted from me. I feel physically lighter when I am smiling and enjoying each moment. I feel that I can soar through life when I release the heaviness that became my habit.

One day while having a session with my music / massage therapist an image came to my mind: I felt that as she massaged my back she was opening up the hidden wings that I had. I began to realize that I was an Earth Angel and that to fly to the heights I desired, to experience and share love to the extent I imagined, to bring peace to the World and hope to everyone I encountered, I needed to open those wings up wide so I could fly. My wings opened that day. And, I display those wings proudly now. I believe that we are each Earth Angels at heart but most of us have just gotten so bogged down with life that we forget to open our wings.

With my wings now fully open I started to understand that if I felt heavy about life, I was unable to fly through my day. I couldn't take off to soar if I was weighed down by fears, worries and perceived problems. I am determined to allow nothing to hold me back from flying high every day through my life. To do that, I now make a conscious effort each day to simply lighten up. I visualize myself releasing any fear that has built up on my wings. I release seeming problems to the Universe and ask for miracles to appear in my life. I only put those things into my mind that remind of peace, hope and love -- and leave the other dramatic and sensational inputs from the media out of my life.

My life is play now. If I'm working with life coaching clients or speaking to audiences, I am full of joy and having a great time. When I create a new product or write a chapter for an upcoming book, I am full of enthusiasm for my work and the joy bubbles within my heart. If I'm vacuuming my house I make it an activity that raises my energy -- putting music on or being silly with my children as I do the chore. If I have to do something that I don't typically enjoy doing, I find a way to make it pleasant. As I've practiced having fun in all I do, it has now become my habit.

This week I offer you a wonderful challenge -- focus this week on lightening up about your life. Give thought to how you, as an Earth Angel walking the Earth, can bring about more joy to your life. As your joy increases, you will bring joy to those around you. As love fills up your heart, it overflows and touches people you encounter on your path.

To create the changes we all long for in our World, we must focus first on bringing about those changes within. We are all equipped with wings -- all we must do is Open Our Wings and Fly.

If you have stories of flying high through life, I'd love to hear from you. If you are spreading love as an Earth Angel, let me know about your journey. I love to connect with others who know they have wings;)

With Love and Light,

Trish Omoqui

p.s. The name I use when I perform my poetry is Earth Angel. It's my favorite nickname!

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have wings? Can you feel them open and close? Do you dress as if you had them physically manifesting themselves? What is it like to have wings on an everyday basis like you describe?

    ReplyDelete