Monday, November 5, 2007

"Floetry" In the Now Moment

Last Saturday I spent the early evening hours sitting in the hospital with my 84-year old grandmother. Being in the hospital with my grandma could have been a situation I resisted. . .because she was not well, and I was watching her struggle with her pain. But as she slept I settled into the chair next to her bed and "floetry" was going through my mind. I sat in complete peace in the Now moment. I was relaxed.

A key aspect to Harnessing Your Power and enjoying your life to the fullest is to be focused in the Present Moment, the NOW. Had I been wishing I was somewhere else or been distracted and distraught about my grandmother's condition and what the future held for her, I would not have been able to enjoy and be fully present in the NOW. By having our energy focused in the moment, we can connect to power, creativity and joy.

As I sat in her hospital room, the following pieces (see below) flowed gracefully onto the page.

It was a delightful time I had with her. . .feeding her graham crackers, giving her sips of tea. . .repaying her the love and care she has showered on me her whole life. My grandmother has always been a creative, playful spirit. She made up all kinds of fun characters in her mind -- even created a whole village of bugs with special names and cute interactions. I have always admired her child-like delight with life and her imagination.

When she was in the hospital about 2 months ago I stopped by to see her. I didn't have time to get her flowers but I had a tiny pink stuffed animal that was left over from a happy meal I had bought for my kids that week. I took it into her and she was so delighted to have the new little friend show up in her room. She didn't know, nor did she care, that it was something free I had gotten at McDonald's. She felt how soft it was and cherished it. (She can't see anymore because her diabetes caused her to lose her vision).

I sat staring at her as she slept. I saw her as the beautiful girl who lived out on a farm, the mother of 7 kids trying to keep her head above the piles of laundry, then as the loving grandmother who slipped me a 20 dollar bill from her wallet each time I saw her during my college days (she loves "green stuff" as she calls it.)

So, in her honor I share these 3 pieces that flowed onto the page in the time I spent with her.

Let's embrace our lives! Let's live our lives to the fullest and celebrate each moment of the day! There is so much to be thankful for, so much to cherish.

Cloud of Responsibility

See through the cloud of responsibility.
Walk calmly through each moment
Simply doing your best in joy.
Those things that don’t get done
Will be there for you tomorrow.
Don’t fret—
Know that the strength, peace and hope you need
Are given to you for your journey.

Breathe Deeply.
All is well.

Circle of Life

Wouldn’t the circle of life be better
If we were playful each step of the way?

Work should be play;
Play should be our work.

Playfully creating love,
Skipping along,
Jumping for joy,
Resting as need.
Imagining delightful ways to spend our days
Creating fun, fun, fun
Until our time on Earth is done
Until we merge back to Oneness
To play, play, and play some more!

My Thoughts

Wondrously willing to follow my passion
Peacefully sure my mission unfolds perfectly
Wisely choosing each thought
Gracefully moving in baby steps
To all my heart desires.

This week I challenge you to observe how much of your time you focus in the past, the present or the future. The more you can focus all of your energy in the NOW, the more productive you will be, the more powerful you will be and the more enjoyment you will experience in your daily life.

With peace, joy and deep love for All,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment