Friday, October 26, 2007

Uncover Your Authentic Self Through Awareness

This week one of my life coaching clients said to me "I am a new person now!" We've been working together for several months and she has transformed in amazingly beautiful ways.

As I thought about her words I realized that though she feels new, the person she has become has been in her heart all along. Her Authentic Self was hidden under guilt, shame, fear, worry, self-criticism, and self-doubt. Before our work together she was not aware of how much her thoughts controlled the outcomes in her life.

Over the months that we have worked together Jenn (she gave me permission to use her name) has found that her self-limiting thoughts and beliefs have caused her to settle for jobs that she didn't really enjoy. She also saw that she moved at a frantic pace in her life because she was trying to prove her value to herself and others.

As she has become aware of the thoughts that were controlling her and as she has done daily, moment-by-moment work to begin to replace those thoughts with new ones, she has now created a very different experience in her life! She actually feels good about herself and her life.

Personal transformation takes a high level of awareness. A key step to Harnessing Your Personal Power is to become fully aware of what is happening in your mind. This is very easy to do. All you need to do is to turn on your "Observer."

Your Observer is that part of you that can look into your mind and see what thoughts you are thinking. Ask your Observer to closely watch all the thoughts you are thinking throughout the day. As the Observer watches, it should take note of the self-talk you use (both positive and negative), the recurring fears or negative thinking you have, and whether your mind is focused on the past, the future or the present moment. What you find may be surprising to you.

I suggest to all my life coaching clients to use a journal so they can write down clues that the Observer is giving them. By growing in your awareness of your thoughts, you begin to see the moment-by-moment choices you have been making. You begin to see how the thoughts you have focused on have created the life you are living. The exciting news is that through your new found awareness of your thoughts you can decide if you want to keep choosing these thoughts or if you'd like to begin replacing the old thinking with some new thinking.

If you decide to give this a try this week I'd suggest you do it in a spirit of fun and interest. Just watch what your mind is doing. See how fascinating it is when your thoughts control you. Each of us can become the Master of Our Thoughts if we desire to.

Awareness brings personal power to change. Awareness allows you to connect to your passions again and begin living an authentic, joy-filled life. I can tell you from my own personal experience that these steps I'm sharing with you through this blog are POWERFUL. They work if you really put them into action. I uncovered my authentic self about two years ago and I feel such joy, hope and peace now in my life. My life coaching clients change dramatically as they put these ideas into practice.

I'd love to hear from you if you give this idea a try! Let me know what you find as you look closely at what is happening in your mind. Drop me an email at patricia@patriciaomoqui.com .

With love, light and great awareness,

Trish

1 comment: